What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Well, I got my visa yesterday:biggrin:, such whoops of joy from our house!

booked Crown for our removals in the beginning of Sep and later have to transfer the money for the flights!

Its really happening now:cool:!

Many congrats!

Really pleased for you. Not long now! :biggrin:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got my visa yesterday:biggrin:, such whoops of joy from our house!

booked Crown for our removals in the beginning of Sep and later have to transfer the money for the flights!

Its really happening now:cool:!

:ssign19:Congratulations!!!!! Very scarey, but oh soooo exciting!!!

In the last week I've confirmed shipping dates, requested quarantine date from Byford, put my notice in at work and booked ONE WAY flights for the 18th September. Oz here I come, just need to get long term rental organised, schools and a job!!!

My DH is taking his IELTS today. Why do I feel so guilty! If I could have done it for him I would have...honest! He didn't seem too impressed when I spoke to him at lunch time. I'm just praying he get's the scores we need so he doesn't have to put himself through it again.

Have to get up at 5 am to collect my brother from the airport.

It's all good. He is coming over for a week. He worked as a manager of a big removal firm in San Francisco for 10 years. He will hopefully know how to condense 700 cubic feet into 500 without losing too much gear. I shall have to sweeten him with the black stuff and a few meetings with Mr Jameson. (single malt):wubclub:

Millie x

Dropped off a load of art work at the auctioneers. Sorry to see it go but it won't cope with the climate in Queensland. :-( Measured the cubic footage ourselves (the quotes said 700) and we can get well under 500 for 2 x 250 crates. Cheaper. Time for a birthday barbie now to get in the Oz spirit :cool:

Millie x

Have to get up at 5 am to collect my brother from the airport.

It's all good. He is coming over for a week. He worked as a manager of a big removal firm in San Francisco for 10 years. He will hopefully know how to condense 700 cubic feet into 500 without losing too much gear. I shall have to sweeten him with the black stuff and a few meetings with Mr Jameson. (single malt):wubclub:

Millie x

Go together like fish and chips Millie,good call! even just the ordinary triple distilled send's some of the "better" single malts for the Liverpool Echo imo,i know i'm easily led/corrupted when presented with such a wonderful pairing:notworthy:

Just thought i'd drop in and wish everyone all the best with their various Aus headaches............

Well part of our chattles thats going to Melbourne has been packed and put into storage (a BIG tip make sure you keep the tea/coffee/cakes/butties in good supply, as you get the best out in return out of the removal team), We have told our employers we are going, but not handed notice in just yet, as the visa paperwork has not arrived yet, also found more items for the car boot, and think not many more weekends for them to be held..

Guest Chantel

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!! :jiggy:HUBBY'S PARTNER/SPOUSE MIGRATION VISA HAS FINALLY BEEN SENT ON 8/8/12!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY YAY!!! now the real COUNT DOWN begins!!!

Guest Chantel
Well Done Chantel, hopefully you won't have too long a wait:biggrin:

Thanks Candy, it's been a long time coming! started getting all our bits together for it back in January, was hoping to leave last month! Anyways, it's done now and the last 8 months flew by so the next few months should...it's nearly Christmas! :wink: