What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Goodwill" my **** why bother with Singapore Airlines when Emirates gives you 30kg Standard Baggage allowance and they are nearly the cheapest airline to fly with ?

We have booked with emirates, cos of the baggage allowance. We have a bit of a concern tho, we arrive in Melbourne, then get a domestic flight to Hobart with a 20kg allowance. Any suggestions anyone?

Have lost 7lb this week - put on 3 last week so really only lost 4 lbs, but I am really pleased as I have been very good! Off to meet my mates in an hour so I might be a devil and have ice and a slice in my fizzy water:biggrin:

Have completed a Stat Dec for OH's Trainer. Have a meeting with our lawyer tomorrow to get all tax returns translated. I know I will need to be sitting down when he tells me the price for that.

Have sent CV off to a job that the lovely JHampa found - Thank God for PIO!!!

Edited by Candygirl

Well done on the weight loss Val and C girl. Amazing work. You girls will be donning bikinis the minute you get off the plane !!!

Millie xx

Ha Ha. OH keeps winding me up saying he will be able to wear his Mankini on the beach soon - I don't think so!!!

Guest guest30085
A company has offered my OH sponsorship!!!!

OMG I don't know whether to laugh, sh** or cry at the moment:err:

:jiggy:Congrats, fingers crossed all goes smoothly xx

Guest Hacking family
Excellent! congrats! do you like it so far? if you haven't done it yet, visit Kings Park and climbe the spiral tower, you can see all over the place! Also, if you go to Freemantle, there used to be a little place near the sea, where they do the most amazing banana splits! :) ENJOY!!!

only just managed to get internet sorted for our rental so not been on here for a while, not been to kings park yet, but am enjoying the local beach at Warnbro, been looking for Dolphins in Mandurah, outdoor ice skating at Freemantle Winter Fair and just making the most of the weather.

A company has offered my OH sponsorship!!!!

OMG I don't know whether to laugh, sh** or cry at the moment:err:

Wow!!!

So pleased for you C girl :jiggy:

Where there is a will there is a way. I knew you could do it. You will be in Oz before you know it. Now what were you saying about Mankinis? :wink::cool:

Millie x

Wow!!!

So pleased for you C girl :jiggy:

Where there is a will there is a way. I knew you could do it. You will be in Oz before you know it. Now what were you saying about Mankinis? :wink::cool:

Millie x

Hi Honey,

I was going to send you a message, but I have been busy doing my research.

Things are as clear as mud at the moment.

Will send you a message now Lorraine xx

Woop woop woop :jiggy: :biggrin: :jiggy::biggrin::yes:

So happy for you Lorraine - well done for hanging in there :biggrin:

Thanks Val. If you had said to me a couple of weeks I would have said I would be swinging from the lampshades with excitement, but I just feel like I have just been given another plate of more decision making. My head is ready to burst at the moment. Still doing my research. I think my OH is really keen. I just need to be 110% sure.

On a more positive note, had a viewing on my house today and the people said it was the best they had seen so far and were definitely interested. When I see the colour of their money, I will be happy. It could be a sign of things to come, I will struggle to keep up at this rate!!!

While waiting for the house sale to go through and trying not to be paranoid it will fail after the previous one did we have had 3 shippers out to quote.

So far cubic ft has varied from 1100 to 1300.

PSS did a really detailed quote received by email the next day, White & Co we have heard nothing from after 4 days and a local firm to me, Schepens came out yesterday and said they could squeeze it all in a 20ft and ball park price was the cheapest.

Doree Bonnar and John Mason to go now.