What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

The process of emigration seems for the most of us to be long and drawn out, sometimes it feels like we are not going anywhere fast and procrastination becomes the name of the game, along with excessive PIO use. So I have decided to motivate myself and others into getting our B hinds into gear to ask ourselves the following question "What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?" it does'nt matter how small the task was just let us know what you have done, post a pic or 2 for further evidence:yes:

• Like 1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the shippers around for the quote, and another one coming shortly!

And (well that was around midnight last night) got our application for the 457 send back to the agent ready to go in tomorrow.

Oh, and slightly panicked about how much stuff we have and how much we'll have to clear out in the next few weeks!

• Like 1

Had the shippers around for the quote, and another one coming shortly!

And (well that was around midnight last night) got our application for the 457 send back to the agent ready to go in tomorrow.

Oh, and slightly panicked about how much stuff we have and how much we'll have to clear out in the next few weeks!

I have seemed to be throwing out stuff for months now and the house doesn't seem to get any emptier :') That is it Xmas's and B'bays cancelled for the foreseeable future!

I have spent the day prepairing for my second interview tomorrow. if I get this job then we could be in Aus living the dream by the end of Feb. my lounge is out of bounds tonight as the walls are littered with notes for the interview in the morning. all i have left to do is set the alarm for 5am so I am up and ready for the call at 6;30.

• Like 1

I have spent the day prepairing for my second interview tomorrow. if I get this job then we could be in Aus living the dream by the end of Feb. my lounge is out of bounds tonight as the walls are littered with notes for the interview in the morning. all i have left to do is set the alarm for 5am so I am up and ready for the call at 6;30.

Good luck with that! Hope it goes well for you!

Stuck in the office absorbing copius amounts of information & knowledge from POI, if that counts? :yes:

If it doesn't then absolutely nowt! :mad:

Sorry according to Mrs Web Weazel PIO and procrastination are interchangeable :biglaugh: Of course I disagree as I am doing the same "Research" and I know how taxing it can be to absorb all this info!

Guest guest59177

I whiled away 24 hours = 1440 mins = 86400 secs where each second has felt like a century, each breath a misery, each sigh a prayer, each heartbeat a pain, each wink a teetering dam for the tears within... oh LOVE!!! where'st are thee? Your lepto awaiteth with all the soul... if soul be found in wasted shells...

Is that all the stuff you found to chuck ????:eek:

I daren't even start yet !

Too busy today celebrating my good wifes' birthday but she has set up a new FB page for the cake business for when we get to Perth so all I need to do (on top of everything else) is to get an ABN and then register the website domain (no easy task unlike the UK!)

Back to work/decorating tomorrow.............................:confused:

• Like 1

Good luck with the interview x x

Today I spent the day getting everything ready for the shippers to come tomorrow, double checking that everything has been Jeyes-ed to within an inch of itself, renting a hire car for this fri- sun for last bit of running around and driving to heathrow, 3 trips to the dump, finalising job info, arrival accommodation and hire car for arrival - I am absolutely cream crackered but can't stop yet, still need to get the bits down from the loft for packing, finish clearing the kitchen and cleaning as I go ..... And then there is always PIO :wink:

oh, I like this thread :D

Today: Went and sold all unwanted Wii/DS games and made £65 cash; purchased solid shampoo bar for when in campervan (all natural stuff to not poison any passing possums); purchased face tolietries for when in campervan so have suitable supply and will not run out half way through journey; posted a two packages to people from Ebay and Amazon sales; got paid for another Ebay sale (to be posted tomorrow); sold UV lamps on ebay and had man turn up/pay/take them away; phoned movers to tell them we are going with them and ask what I need to do next; phoned council about when/if they can get rid of our mattress for us (no charity will take it due to an ink stain on the bottom corner, and despite it being worth a packet no-one will actually pay for it unfortunately); (will do this next bit later tonight) list a load more teaching books and resources on Ebay, along with a couple of other things if I can find them.

Ticking stuff off all the time - but its never ending, so who knows if we will reach the bottom of the list ever lol......

• Like 1

As we are going to validate our visa's first (in 4 weeks time)

Today I have sorted out Car hire in Perth

I have Ordered my Aussie $ (will collect Saturday)

I have checked with my bank re Travel Insurance and also update our mobile phone insurance with them too.

I have printed off all flight info and car parking at Gawick and placed it my Travel Purse.

I have also been looking at houses AGAIN online.

And just writing this I have realised that I have forgotten to dig out our Visa Approval letter to take with me and the OH's Vetassess Certificate.

Right off to do that now...

Mandy

p.s

Good thread by the way

• Like 1

I whiled away 24 hours = 1440 mins = 86400 secs where each second has felt like a century, each breath a misery, each sigh a prayer, each heartbeat a pain, each wink a teetering dam for the tears within... oh LOVE!!! where'st are thee? Your lepto awaiteth with all the soul... if soul be found in wasted shells...

Dude what are You on and where can i get some?

Guest guest59177
Dude what are You on and where can i get some?

I'm on the 'external checks' list for the OZ PR visa... very sorry to say it's a rather exclusive club, they only dish it out to people from Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan and Somalia as far as I know :biggrin: :laugh:

What a great thread!

Up at 6am, Drove to south wales on the lovely M5, M49 & M4 to get there dreaming of driving to work in OZ!

Did a bit of work and drank coffee!

Returned home for 6pm and listing Sues old 70's lego on ebay as she does not want to take it to oz.

More coffee and deciding if we should take the 46" tv with us or sell it! only 6 months old so not sure?

Also thinking of staying permanently in Feb and sending Sue back to tie up loose ends and work her notice!

Think I need another coffee!

Decisions decisions decisions!!!!

Gary