electrician/panel wirer visa question/tra help

outlawtorn

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I have city and guilds electrical insatllation level 3 2330 qualifications. I have been working as a controll panel wirer for schneider electric for 5 years though and i am not sure what skills assesment i may be able to apply through to get a visa. What classification may this fall under.

Ie, general electrician, electrical fitter, Electonic instrument worker etc. Although electrical fitter does not seem to be on the skills list. Just wondering what the best route i could take to get me permenant visa.

I am also able to get a working holiday visa and was contmplating using this to go find work or maybe sponsership. Any advice on this??

Thanks

Dan.

I think as long as you do some revision general electrician could be the way forward! Also a working holiday as an electrician would require you to have your australian 'a' class license. This you can only acquire once you have done your Vettessess Skills assessment. I am going to WA under state sponsor 176 visa. Its been so quick (see my signature below) and we prob only have another 2-3 months until visa is hopefully accepted!

Once I get to WA I will have to apply to EnergySafety to be able to apply for 2 week course, once this is complete I will get my 'a' class. A few people I know there have then had an interview 2-3 days later, started job 1-2 days after that! Plenty of work!

I was thinking general electrician is probably the best route. To be honest i am trying to avoid the massive cost from vettasses as being assest through tra is a lot cheaper. Have you done the practical assesment also as you do seem to have got through it all verry quickly. Been looking into it for so long now just seems like they have made it near impossible lol.

I was thinking general electrician is probably the best route. To be honest i am trying to avoid the massive cost from vettasses as being assest through tra is a lot cheaper. Have you done the practical assesment also as you do seem to have got through it all verry quickly. Been looking into it for so long now just seems like they have made it near impossible lol.

Yes that date is of the actual assessment, I think it was actually booked though a month before. Results always come through in 2 weeks but our assessor upon returning to oz got ill so we had to wait a while longer for results! Typical the waiting was awful! I dont think there is anyway in avoiding the cost as I was told the only way to get a class licence was to get trade assessed by vettessess or victoria university! TRA then marked it I believe but I would check this! Ring our agent The Emigration Group as they are helpful over the phone to ask questions! I would get on with it asap as there is another change coming in July and no doubt another the july after and all the time they remove jobs from the list! Once you get the visa you dont have to move there for 5 years so its worth getting before its too late! Good luck!