HG3

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me?

Things are starting to get real now and suddenly wondered if the children, or indeed us adults, need any extra vaccinations/immunisations to emigrate to Australia???

Thanks

Helen

Hi my kids had to have Hep B once here as it is compulsary on the kids vacination list and its not something given in the UK. I couldnt claim any child care benefit until theyd had it as their 'vacinations were not up to date'. It is free here but still worth knowing about.

Cal x

Guest manykids!

Hi my chiildren have not had MMR - will this be a problem in Australia do they need these jabs to attend school as well as the Hep B? Thanks :)

Hi my chiildren have not had MMR - will this be a problem in Australia do they need these jabs to attend school as well as the Hep B? Thanks :)

As far as i understand, you are supposed to have your children fully immunised to receive certain benefits, but if you see a GP over there and explain to them why you have chosen to decline the MMR and the believe you have made that judgement on sensible grounds then they can provide you with a conscientious objector form which means you can.

As for schools nothing I have read yet says anything about refusing them due to lack of immunisations.

Guest moldec1999
Didn't know about the hep b vaccination. Wonder if it's worth trying to get it here before we leave?

Hep B is a course of 3 I had my children vaccinated . Hep b and a just makes sense and will be of benefit if we travel around while there!

There is some kind of policy on this, I found a few links for you from someone on our sister site PIA.

http://immunise.health.gov.au/

http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/public/services/acir/index.jsp

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/payments/maternity_allow.htm

Didn't know about the hep b vaccination. Wonder if it's worth trying to get it here before we leave?

As its not a standard vaccine in the UK afaik I'd think you would have to pay for the Hep B also.

Guest manykids!

Thanks very much Snifter for all the info, its much appreciated and I will have a good read through in a bit once they are all in bed and its a little quieter here!! Was thinking about maybe giving them the Mumps and Measles ones in single injections before we go if it will make life a little easier once we get there but will read through your info first :)

Thanks very much Snifter for all the info, its much appreciated and I will have a good read through in a bit once they are all in bed and its a little quieter here!! Was thinking about maybe giving them the Mumps and Measles ones in single injections before we go if it will make life a little easier once we get there but will read through your info first :)

A question - assuming for a minute that there may be a slight risk of having a vacination, why would you think it would be safer to have three individual vacination that have hardly ever been used than one vacination that has been tried and tested on millions of people with no ill effects? I think you'd be safer to go with the majority.