Australia: temporary shutdown

Guest mutikonka

Guest mutikonka

Australia will be going off the air for the next hour as the nation conducts some secret equine business. Please try again after 4pm. For urgent matters, please leave a message with New Zealand.

470_caulfield2010,0.jpg

Guest mutikonka

I don't care much for the race but it's nice to have what is effectively a half day off - plus the office lays on free drinks and munchies.

Well what a great day we all had in Melbourne!!

BBQ in the park on log burning BBQ's surrounded by woodland, play parks and Kangaroos roaming wild!! (We saw 3)!!!! Plenty of nice food cooked by Del and Michael (Mr B) and lots of nice wine!!

Oh and the weather well that was great too!!!!

Deb xx

Well what a great day we all had in Melbourne!!

BBQ in the park on log burning BBQ's surrounded by woodland, play parks and Kangaroos roaming wild!! (We saw 3)!!!! Plenty of nice food cooked by Del and Michael (Mr B) and lots of nice wine!!

Oh and the weather well that was great too!!!!

Deb xx

Couldn't agree more - I don't mind a public holiday for a horse race! I think you forgot to mention the lack of mozzies there Deb! Oh and the company was great too.

We had a great Melbourne Cup day and look forward to many more aussie holidays.

Felicity:cute:

Guest KP Nuts
I don't care much for the race but it's nice to have what is effectively a half day off - plus the office lays on free drinks and munchies.

It's actually surprising that they did'nt have a day of mourning when AUSTRALIA, LOST to ENGLAND in the Rugby World Cup for the second time in a row.

They could've laid on the tissue's or cold tinnie's to cry into......

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

you know me i'm only kidding, but just could'nt resist.........

Just had our first melbourne cup - everyone at work brought food, no-one made any appointments for a couple of hours, even my patients didn't come to the clinic for their injections til it was all over. Hubbys company provided pizza, beer, champagne etc., and everything stood still.

My horse came last in the sweep and I got a wooden spoon with Melbourne Cup 2007 on it.

Ali

Archived