Mother of 3 looking for new friends on the Gold Coast....

Guest Teeny

Hi all,

My name is Tina and I am married with three children, ages 6yrs old and twins of 5yrs. We have been on the Gold Coast for three years and I have met some lovely people, but they all seem to move on! We moved from the UK in 1998 to New Zealand which was wonderful, then after nine years and three kids, we moved back to the UK, only stayed 18 months and came back down under to Australia. We've moved around a lot but have now finally settled, it's still so hard to find good friends and even harder if you're a stay at home mum, especially as the twins start Prep this year!

So if you're close by, fancy a chat or to meet up, i would love to hear from you......:laugh:

Hi Tina, just wanted to say Hi. Where abouts on the Goldie are you? Ive got three kids 6 year old girl then 2 boys 10 and 13. Would love to meet up with you but bit difficult at the mo with kids on school holidays....always out and about doing something :) Will be free when they are back at school in 2 weeks could maybe meet up over coffee

Let me know Donna xx

Hi Tina, We're in Pimpama, hoping to buy near Helensvale in the next month or 2. I've got a 7 year old boy and near 6 year old girl. Now I do work, but always happy to meet at the weekends with the kids. We've been here since last April. Just sold our house in the UK so hence nearly ready to buy. We love the Gold coast. Hope to meet 1 day. Take care, yes where abouts are u ??? I work down at Robina so getting to know the area. x Helen

Guest surferchicksal

hello there

I am not on th gold coast at the moment but wanted to say hello. WE lived on the Gold Coast for a year and came back to UK in 2008 (biggest mistake of our lives) we are now sorting ourselves out to come back.

Have decided that our deadline date will be september 2013

Our daughter is 4 and will be starting UK school this year. we didnt want to come any earlier as we didnt want to take her out of school and back into kindy or day care!

We still have loads to sort out but we know what to expect when we get there. So excited Its going to be so hard getting through the next year and 9 months! but we have to get it right this time.

We are going to be heading to Arundel on the Gold Coast so may see you there in a couple of years!!!

Hi Helen, thanks for your post, we live in Carrara not far from either places Pimpama or Helensvale and I certainly know where Robina is, as I spend alot of time shopping there!

I hope all go's well with the move, it can be very stressful, but I think living in such a wonderful makes the burden a little less to bear, than if we were back in the UK. I too will be hopeful working this year again once the kiddies start back at school, but stay in touch and once you have settled we could meet for a coffee. Thanks again Tina X

Hi, Thanks for your post and I can only totally feel for you, as we did the same thing after being in NZ for nine years, thinking I was so home sick we went back to the UK!! Only lived back there for 18 months until we came back here. We were lucky that we can do that, it is such a wonderful place to live and I do agree that things must be done right as it is such a long process anyway.

I have a friend that lives in Arundel, when I first came here I joined a playgroup up there, it's a nice place to live. Stick with it, I know it's hard after everything we went through, it is so worth it, we all have a great life here now.

All the best, take care and see you in a few years!!!! It will pass very quickly x

• 10 months later...
Guest vikki r

Hi we too had to go home due to family illness we've just arrived back, were in hope island from Manchester. Were looking to meet people too. We have two girls 8 and 4. Feel free to email me xx

Guest vikki r

Hi we too had to go home due to family illness we've just arrived back, were in hope island from Manchester. Were looking to meet people too. We have two girls 8 and 4. Feel free to email me xx

Hi Vicki,

I'm assuming its you Vikki Ridley. Welcome back to this wonderful land of Oz. Hope you had a good trip over. Noticed it was just yourself and kids on the flight. Will have to try and get together. Message me on FB. Open house at ours Boxing day , more than welcome to join us. Connor is 8 and Tash is 6, so a little company for the girls. Hope to see you soon. xx Helen

Hi tina, my name is angie and i live in runaway bay and am also looking to make friends.......i do not work but look after my grandson two days a week but would love to meet up for a coffee, we have been in oz for ten years but moved around so friends come and go but now we are settled here for good. Anyway if you want to meet we could arrange to this week when it suits, i can send mobile number to a private reply etc, look forward to meeting up.