Been in melbourne a while but keen to make new friends

Guest Emil Mathias

Guest Emil Mathias

Hiya, we've been so caught up by settling in to melbourne life and looking after our 2 year old we have not had a chance to make many new friends over here. Keen to meet people with young families, anyone who plays casual football, or who wants to meet in city for after work drinks.

We are in cheltenham and I work in the cbd.

Hi there and welcome to PIO

I used to live in Melbourne and had a fantastic mothers group who used to meet up every week. As time went on, more and more mums joined the group where it ended up being all ages of children.

Our group was originally formed by the local Maternal Health Nurse, if you contact your local one and ask if she knows of any regular mother group meets she may give you the contact details.

Great things to do in Melbourne with small children - the Museum in the city, Melbourne Aquarium, Melbourne Zoo, Collingwood farm, farmers markets usually have someone playing live music with a basket of kids instruments, Royal Botanical Gardens, Bundoora childrens farm is lovely, your local library will have story time with arts and crafts, Philip Island..... all these places bring back fantastic memories!

I hope you find some friends, sure there will be others on here from melbourne looking for friends too. :)