Hi

Guest paddyjp

Guest paddyjp

hey , i am heading over in a few weeks on WHV and was wondering ,where is the best place to go for work

i am a Bricklayer by trade with 8 years exp , my mate is a painter ,

dont know weather to go farming first , just looking 4 some advice

:em3600:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to the forum, I will move your thread in to the WHV section as you may get more replies. If you are looking for brickie work I would look at Melbourne, forget FNQ there is nothing up here. Although if you want to build me an extension and paint the house then you could head up this way lol x

Hey there my Husband is a brickie we are planning to move over ourselves this year he has worked abroad before and the best advice is word of mouth mate head to your nearest Irish or British bar you should get some info there we have friends in Perth and app there is loads of work esp for Brickies best of Luck

hey , i am heading over in a few weeks on WHV and was wondering ,where is the best place to go for work

i am a Bricklayer by trade with 8 years exp , my mate is a painter ,

dont know weather to go farming first , just looking 4 some advice

:em3600:

Brit or irish bar , great advice , on a WHV someone will bung u a few weeks work , or know someone that will :-)

My friend had just come back from a world tour but he'd spent all his money in 2 months !!!!!!!! so straight to oz 6 months ahead of the rest of his mates to raise some funds ,

in short , worked on a building site , as a lacky , all the hours he wanted , loads of building work , that was melbourne by the way :-)

lee

Guest paddyjp

do you know what the pay is like ? and is tax and rent high , is it day work or price work ,

could i get a job day work cos i dont want to go self employed ,