hi,

i'm moving to perth in april, can anyone tell me what the best trade is out there. i am a carpenter but reading a lot that

there isnt much work about. any help would great thanks.

Hi Den

Welcome to the forum, can I ask what visa you are coming out on?

K

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Thanks for replying, i'm on a sub class 176 .

found nothing out in brissy so far !!:mad:

skills test 10/08/10, passed 29/08/10, 176 skilled sponsored applied 06/09/10, email from DIAC 18/03/11, meds and police checks 06/04/11,all documentation met 17/6/11...visa granted 20/6/11 flying to Sydney 07/11/11 then moving up to QLD:biggrin:

Guest guest36187

I think what you also have to do when you are here is maybe think outside the box? It may mean doing something that you are not keen on for a few months to get your foot in the door...hope that makes sense!

i'll be back out to perth all going well shortly after you around june, but when i was out there on my WHV i spent 2 years in perth doing all sorts of work on sites, to be honest i spent the majority of my time working with steel, transportable buildings, and a huge amount of stainless steel and aluminum balustrade work, the trick is not to be fussy make contacts and apply apply apply, hope this helps

Thank you very much for replies, this does help, i dont mind what i do as long as i can pay the bills and support two children. My partner is a hair dresser so she will be working when she can, thanks again.

Guest SSHall

Hi fergamy, I'm 22 years old and be going over to oz in September wi the other half on a WHV.

I'm a qualified carpenter & joiner by trade, my aim is to find sponsorship once there,I don't mind if the employer at the time does'nt do much with wood ect..but can sponsor me, so I can obv stay.like you mention you spent most of your time mainly workin with steel,transportable building ect..

So my question is it likely for me to gain sponsorship by any constuction companys over there, even if Im only labouring for them? (but obviously have the level 3 quals

Hope this makes sence, any advise will help.

Thanks Scott.