DOes changing Employer on 457 restrict me from applying for PR..??? HELP>...

Peaceinoz

DOes changing Employer on 457 restrict me from applying for PR..?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. DOes changing Employer on 457 restrict me from applying for PR..?

• Yes It does
    • No Way..
    • There is a twist here..
    • blah blah

Hello ppl... Peace...

I am currently on a 457 and in AUstralia since July 2010. I am currently in process of changing my Employer.

THe New Employer has already filed for my new 457... which will get done very soon..

Just wanted to knw... Does changing my Employer result in restricting me from not applying for Permanant Residency under any of the subclass : Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175) ... or any other subclass..

Does the requirement for applying for PR state that I have to be working with my current employer for atleast 12 Months..??

Can i not apply for Skill assessment ??

Changing employer shouldnt stop you going for 175, you need to have been employed full time in chosen occupation for 12 months in last 24 before applying for GSM visa. If applying for ENS think you have to been working for 2 years on 457 and 1 year with current employer to go for PR without doing the skills assessment.

Thanks.. I am still continuing to work full time in the same chosen occupation and so i guess it doesnt matter if i change employers, i am still eligible to apply PR..

Currently my application is being loodged.. Do you think, in this case, If I apply for ACS skill assessment, should that be any issue.. ??

Peace//:hug: