Girls coffee get together, Perth northern burbs.

Guest Chantel

Hello Ladies,

What a fabulous original post! :huh:

I am returning to Perth this year, hopefully between June and August, if you are all still meeting up by that time, I would love to join you. :smile:

All the best, keep smiling.

Chantel

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lonely wife trying to make the best of moving to OZ. I have to work. She is doing heaps of volunteer time but I was hit by the I'm Bored !! She is late 30's, no kids and is finding people of her own age that she can relate to difficult. She is alone her in the hills and needs a social circle of her own. Its important for her to find friends by herself. Not just being given my second hand friends and wives. She doesn't know I am doing this but I love her so much and can't fill her life. She Skypes home regularly twice a week. and being unable to work while waiting on her VISA and its eating her up. I want her to be happy what should I do ? I want to meet some of her new friends also. :(

• 1 month later...
Guest rbell11

Hi we have been here since the end of Jan, and my poor wife is now struggling with the isolation. I go to work and our teenage daughter goes to school and she is stuck in the house as we have only 1 car (I have to drive to work). We haven't yet moved to a longer term rental (will do next week) so not been able to meet neighbours etc. Anyone over Tapping way (not far from Joondalup)? Hilarys and Mnidarie marinas are lovely places we like to go but not really reachable without a car.

I think its interesting to see others in the same situation but the country is so big even being NOR doesn't help that much.

I was very very nervous today and find meeting more than a couple of people at a time rather daunting! However as the morning went on it did become easier and i did start to relax more.

It is nice to find people who have also recently emigrated and trying to settle into some semblence of normality.

Next time i am hoping will be easier...at least i will know what people look like this time! lol

Now off to explore DOME in Mindarie. New place to get to know....such an adventure finding my way round and even having been here 7 months I am still getting lost! lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest emily12

hi there

i've just read your thread and was wondering if it would be ok to meet up with you all? we've only been here three weeks and i've two girls aged 13 and 11 (who have yet to meet anyone their own age!), we are in mt lawley but do have a car, I'm at a v loose end at the moment whilst it's the school hols and it's been a long time since i've met anyone for coffee!!

emily