Yorkshire Lass seeking fun friends in Sydney

Guest DebsDoesSydney

Guest DebsDoesSydney

Hi Everyone

So, I got here end Nov 2011 and now that I've settled in to work etc I figured now is the time to get my social life up to speed. I do know a few poeple out here but I am keen to branch out and make my own friends too.

I'm 31 (but def don't act it). Keen to find people of similar ages who are up for meeting up etc.

I have just moved to Cremorne/Neutral Bay area but I am not limiting myself to meeting people are just North of the Bridge.

If anyone out there is up for meeting up, drop me a reply and see if we can get a little gathering sorted :-)

Ciao for now

Debs x

Guest Susie1980

Hi Debs

I'm coming to Sydney in a couple of weeks and will be living in Cremorne too. I'm 31, from London, and coming over on a working-holiday visa - am just trying to do all the last-minute prep and packing and wish I was there already! Anyway, I don't know anyone in Sydney yet so would def be interested in meeting up with you and anyone else who's around.

Susie

x

Guest DebsDoesSydney

Hey Guys!

Suzie - by all means give me a shout when you get here. Cremorne is lovely - not sure if you have been before but I am sure you will love it! Keep in touch and feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions before you get here! Looking forward to meeting you soon! x

Stevie - have you met manay people from here? let me know if there any meet ups happening

Hi guys I'm new to Sydney. Originally from Kent but lived in Newcastle before heading down under. I'm in my mid 30s and work in the city Monday to Friday. Would be good to meet up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DebsDoesSydney

Hey Lobby - so sorry - not logged in for a few days so just seen your message.

Yeah I'd def be up for meeting up. :-) How long have you been here?

Debs

Hi. I arrived in Nov and live in Cromorne also. It's hard work here because it's too sleepy and the ferry is a killer at one an hour all weekend and stopping at 8pm on a Sunday. I want to move but can't get accepted anywhere else, I think I'm stuck.

Anyway I go along to a social from Brit expats on a Thursday night in the CBD. Everyone is way more cheery than me and a good mix of all turn up.

Alex

Hi Debs I arrived in September was living up on the north shore too in crows nest but have decided to move more into the city and currently in the inner west. How are you finding Cremorne?

Hi to all, i have been in Sydney for about 9 months now and have made a few friends but always keen to meet new people. I am from Sussex and i am currently living in the Manly area but work in North Sydney and would be great to join you all if you decide to meet up.

Sophey

Guest DebsDoesSydney

Hey everyone..

by the looks of things there a few of us who are keen to meet up...I'll send you all a private message and see if we can get a suitable date in our diaries.. would everyone be up for that?

Alex - Cremorne is ok - you must live in a different part to me as I can get a bus into the city every 5 mins and they run until until late. Why can't you get accepted anywhere else? I have contact details for a lady who has loads of houeshares in the East suburbs if that would suit you? I went to see one of her preoperties before I moved to the flat I'm in now.

Lobby - Yeah Cremorne is ok. I'm kinda living here by default. I was living in Paddington and had a bit of bad luck where I was living so a friend was kind enough to let me have her spare room. I LOVE the Oaks! Its very dangerous having that close by - every saturday I find myself "popping up the road for a few afternoon beers" ha ha. I went to the Crows Nest Hotel last week ... that was interesting!! lol So how are you finding your new area?

Sophey - thanks for messaging! I will def keep you in the loop and see if we can arrange meeting up! How are you enjoying Sydney?

Hi Debs, The Oaks is a lovely pub, I can see why it would be dangerous living near by. The Crowie is an "interesting" pub to say the least, there are a few other bars in the area which are alot better. I like living in the inner west, its great being able to walk to into the city.

Alex - I found my house share on flatmate finders - its a good website to find flat shares in and around Sydney. Gumtree is OK but the adverts do not reflect the places properly.

I'm definitely up for a catch with you all so drop me a line when and where this will take place.

Leanne

• 2 weeks later...