Sydney... is it worth it???

Guest Rico

Hi

I will hopefully have an offer soon at a firm in Sydney. I should be coming over in October I'm 27 and work in recruitment. The company will be sponsoring me for 4 years.

My girlfriend will be coming over, but prob not for about 3-4 months...Basically I am worried that i will get really lonely in sydney as I hear its a huge city. I dont know anyone there and I dont really like being on my own

what do you think?

should i go for it? (i've been wanting to go to oz for years)

Guest Boomer

Hi Rico

Go for it. Stay in a Backpackers. There are shed loads of people in Backpackers who are working and you will have a great laugh. When the missus turns up you can get a pad, etc on your own. You would also, probably, meet some great new mates that will be friends for a long time to come.

Boomer

Guest Boomer

Hi Rico

There are shed loads. If you just turn up at Sydney airport there are people from the hostels there who will pick you up free of charge. Failing that I used a Lonely Planet. Bondi and Coogi seem to be the most popular!!!

Have fun

Boomer

Guest kazzy01

Hi Rico

The Railway Square YHS hostel is great in central Sydney. It's about a 4 minute walk from the train station, so if you get the train from the Airport you can be there in about 30 minutes door to door. Note that it's not listed in Lonely Planet as it's a new hostel.

Kazzy

Guest kazzy01

Hi Rico

The Railway Square YHS hostel is great in central Sydney. It's about a 4 minute walk from the train station, so if you get the train from the Airport you can be there in about 30 minutes door to door. Note that it's not listed in Lonely Planet as it's a new hostel.

Kazzy

• 7 years later...

Yes Sydney is a big city but it's what you make of it no matter where you are in the world i think, just get yourself out there...it will take you a few months to adjust but i'm sure you will meet people through work etc and just make the most of an invites that may come your way to help network and make new friends. I'm sure you will love Sydney, i do! :)

Guest guest30085

This thread is from 2005, I hope they've found a suitable place to stay by now:laugh::wubclub:

Archived