You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

cartertucker

Beach/Sun shelters ~ Do you have one?

We are looking in to buying a beach/sun shelter to protect the little ones from the rays :cool:

Do you have one, if so, which one, would you reccomend & where did you buy it? :wideeyed:

To be honest we haven't bothered but then we don't visit the beach lots. Aussie Disposal have them for around $50

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

You can buy them in most camping stores, K Mart, big W etc. Just make sure that they have a high factor as even inside them, the sun can still get to you. Try and buy a "self erect" as buggering about with poles can be a pain

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Just been out looking for one myself! Came back empty handed but I do know Aldi are selling one on Saturday for $30. Can't remember the details and their website was out of date at the time of writing!

Geoff

OK Ben rummaging through the recycling bin to find the Aldi junk mail, it is an easy pop-up shelter offering UV50+ protection and comes in its own carry bag. It looks OK in the photo so I'll probably invest in one!

Geoff

We bought a fantastic one from Anaconda. I will have to look at it as it is in the car. We spent over $100 on it but it is brilliant. Loads of room plus easy to put up and down.

We bought one of those with the poles from Kmart to start with but whilst they are fine with no wind....they are a bloody nightmare when it blows! I bought a Wanderer from BCF last week for $50. It's a good size and is a pop out!

It's great and saves soooo much hassle.....just be sure to figure out how to fold it up again before you go to the beach. We didn't and after 15 minutes of messing around on the beach we gave up and stuffed it in the car!! Had to go on You Tube to get some 'instruction'!!

Cheers

S:wink:

Spencer (40 Aus), Lisa (36 Permanent Visa 100), Alexandra (11 Aus by Descent) & William (7 Aus by Descent)

Sun rays can still get to little ones even under these shades, I have seen children red raw on the beach when their parents thought they were protected (always poms) best thing is do do the beach in moderation and really slap on the high factor.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Guest guest17301

You can protect the littlies with rashies and hats so they have very little skin exposed, plenty of factor 30 plus, I like the sticks as they are thicker and stay on longer in water. We have a little pop up shelter thats OK but not much good when its windy and a pain to get back into the bag...Id say the more expensive it is the better. (this from me who got complacent yesterday and let son play without top on for an hour at beach......cue one sunburnt back:embarrassed:)

How little are your little ones? Have you considered wet-suits? Seriously - they won't get cold in the surf and they minimise the area requiring sun-cream.

We are looking in to buying a beach/sun shelter to protect the little ones from the rays :cool:

Do you have one, if so, which one, would you reccomend & where did you buy it? :wideeyed:

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Hi Kelly hope you had a good Christmas and New Year. We havent bothered with a beach shelter as my lot wont stay still on the beach long enough to use it, but if I had little ones I would definatly get one. Its somewhere to get them out the sun for some time so a great idea and also somewhere to plonk all the "stuff" you need with little ones and they seem so reasonably priced too.:cool:

Bought an aldi snap up one it did snap apart the first time of use on saturday least it was a bargain. Bought 2 today from big w 20 bucks each upf 50 fibre poles nice wide opening fit in a small bag just take a couple more minutes to put up

Ich bin nicht ein Roboter

I am a lion

Raar

How little are your little ones? Have you considered wet-suits? Seriously - they won't get cold in the surf and they minimise the area requiring sun-cream.

My youngest is 1 year old & im expecting a new baby soon ~ So as Cath said, I think it would be handy to keep littlys in & to keep all our stuff together :wink: