stuart lawson

Scouse in the house

We are from Liverpool and hoping to move to Melbourne later this year, very scary as we know lots

of people in all parts of Oz but not in Melbourne, but it's job opportunities for hubby that is pulling us to Melbourne. How about you Stuart, whereabouts in Melbourne are you.

27.01.08 Made decision to move to oz, 10.04.08 Appointed Agent, 27.11.08 ACS application sent, 28.02.09 Passed ACS, 11.03.09 Visa applied for - 175/CSL-IT, 27.08.09 Case Officer, 25.09.09 - VISA APPROVED, YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

went to our friends in Sunbury, they are from Liverpool, & lots of us donned black curly wigs & tashes, lots of bling & quoted the phrase 'Calm Down' a lot through the night. It was a great way to see in the New Year

Visa 475 lodged 12th Feb 2010

VISA GRANTED 11.03.11

Hi Debbie, no what you mean about the job situation for your husband. I've come out here looking for work, nothing yet but its early days, What line of work is your O H in?. We're currently in Tullamarine which is ok we've looked at loads of differant area's but we'll wait & see were our jobs take us before settling. Think I read on here you were in Aintree? thats were we lived.

Hope everything goes well with your planned move out here, if I can be of any help just give us a shout.

Stuart

We are Scouse, but currently still stuck in 'Sunny' Liverpool. Hoping to move out to Melbourne near the end of 2012, possibly even early 2013, financially permitting. Our visa application is currently still going through, so still playing the waiting game. We have been looking at a few areas around Melbourne. We are currently looking at South Frankston and the surrounding areas by there. Not really sure 100% yet, but obviously advice from fellow Scousers is always beneficial.

Hi Debbie, no what you mean about the job situation for your husband. I've come out here looking for work, nothing yet but its early days, What line of work is your O H in?. We're currently in Tullamarine which is ok we've looked at loads of differant area's but we'll wait & see were our jobs take us before settling. Think I read on here you were in Aintree? thats were we lived.

Hope everything goes well with your planned move out here, if I can be of any help just give us a shout.

Stuart

My OH works in IT (infrastructure) so loads of jobs in Melbourne for him.

We were originally from Aintree but moved to Warrington

last year. We lived off Wango Lane, whereabouts were you.

Im sure I will be shouting for help later in the year.

27.01.08 Made decision to move to oz, 10.04.08 Appointed Agent, 27.11.08 ACS application sent, 28.02.09 Passed ACS, 11.03.09 Visa applied for - 175/CSL-IT, 27.08.09 Case Officer, 25.09.09 - VISA APPROVED, YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

We are Scouse, but currently still stuck in 'Sunny' Liverpool. Hoping to move out to Melbourne near the end of 2012, possibly even early 2013, financially permitting. Our visa application is currently still going through, so still playing the waiting game. We have been looking at a few areas around Melbourne. We are currently looking at South Frankston and the surrounding areas by there. Not really sure 100% yet, but obviously advice from fellow Scousers is always beneficial.

South franksron is a nice area Petals is from around there and she is very helpful so if you any specific questions about the area then she's the one to ask. There are plenty of Poms around the Frankston/Mornington area who are only too keen to help out.

Can I take this opportunity to remind everyone there is a Victorian dedicated forum here http://www.lifeinvictoria.com (m2m do I earn any commission for this?)

Geoff - scouse by marriage

Can't comment on IT companies as I work for myself!!!!!

Theres PLENTY of companies around though so shouldn't be a problem. But I do know that recruitment agents won't even look at you until you are in the country, they like to have a face to face interview with you before they start looking for you, which is a real pain!

Good luck with your plans and keep us posted!

Geoff

Hi Debbie, we lived on Aintree Lane, its a small world. If you or anyone else on here needs any help on anything just let me no, but there is loads of info on here & a lot of knowledgable people on here who give a lot of advice.

Me n hubby are from liverpool too, live in point cook now.

Always the entertainment amongst our friends with the "calm down" jokes and watch your car tires remarks.

think there is quite a few of us around, have heard a few accents recently

Gail (29) Tony (41) Olivia (3)

Living in Melbourne since 2007 and love it

:smile:

I am a scouser and hoping to head to perth this year, if theres any other scousers in perth or hoping to go please drop a line to say Hi, i am heading out alone so will be looking to make new friends........ Happy new year to you all. Ann :jiggy:

Hi Debbie, we lived on Aintree Lane, its a small world. If you or anyone else on here needs any help on anything just let me no, but there is loads of info on here & a lot of knowledgable people on here who give a lot of advice.

Hi were moving to brisbane but we lived in aintree village 5 years ago just off aintree lane kids went to davenhill, small world lol! x

event.png

Hi, we are Fromm the Wirral been in Melbourne 25 years but miss home more and more! Any scousers in Melbourne in the Eastern suburbs? We are in Croydon Hills.

Hi, we are Fromm the Wirral been in Melbourne 25 years but miss home more and more! Any scousers in Melbourne in the Eastern suburbs? We are in Croydon Hills.

I actually live on The Wirral in a place called 'Spital' just down the road from the Stags pup, or round the corner from Clatterbridge Hospital. I am heading to Perth hopefully around Aug/Sept time. There will be some things i miss here but not enough to stop me moving. I was born and Bred in Liverpool though. Ann

Hi Ann, can I ask why you want to leave the Wirral? Do you have family in Oz?

Hi Ann, can I ask why you want to leave the Wirral? Do you have family in Oz?

I have a son in Perth and have been visiting for the past 10yrs, even rented a villa for a year and had a long stay to test the waters, loved it so much i didn't want to come home, mind you not working was a bonus too, i rented my house out here and lived on the rental income. I love the climate and the coastal areas, sitting outside eating meals and having a drink. I really hate the cold and as i get older it makes me more misserable. Have to say though if i wasn't coming to Oz THE Wirral is a place i would be happy to stay.

We are from Runcorn which is 'almost' scouse :biggrin: we have been here for 2 years next week and have a few scouse friends

Guest JonoC

I'm a half scouser on my dads side. Living in Melbourne looking forward to going to watch the Fa cup next weekend. Theres a pub near parliment station which is the lfc pub so should be good. Message me if you are up for meeting for a beer on the night