Guest Jon Clarke

Hills Vs Shores

Guest Jon Clarke

Well we have our visas, Job and its just a matter of the last family Christmas here and then fly to Sydney 8th Jan 08.

So where do we live and send our daughter to school shes 15?

We are going to rent for the first year and Ill be working a stones throw from North Sydney Station. We have looked at Baulkham Hills,Crestwood,Glenwood,and also Woy Woy areas. HELP!

We are looking for a compromise between costs and spending all day on the train.

Also not having lived in any of these areas before are there places to avoid?

The school needs to be a good one as she is in her last year although I think that she goes back a year from the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jon

Guest mutikonka

Never heard of some those places you mentioned - Crestwood? Glenwood?

It would be a bit of a drive getting between Baulkham Hills and North Sydney every day, even using the Lane Cove tunnel [and that's if you can afford parking at N. Sydney rates].

Have you thought of other places on the North Shore line like Hornsby? And a lot of people who work in North Sydney commute form the inner west and southern suburbs of Sydney, travel times of 40mins to 1 hr a day. Quicker and more reliable than getting to Woy Woy, I reckon.

daytripper_map.gif

Guest Jon Clarke

Thanks the area we looked at was around seven hills,it looked about 45 min on the train.

The most important thing is to get our daughter into a good school.

is south better than north sydney?

Jon

Living on the North Shore line would certainly make your commute shorter but can't comment on schools in that area. The Hills district has very good schools for your daughter. You could, instead of catching a train at Seven Hills, Get the bus on the M2 and the train from Epping - more direct. Not sure but I think that the M2 bus goes through North Sydney. The only place I would not live in the Hills District is Seven Hills. Hope I've been of some help. :smile: