Nursing Homes/Care Homes

TheClarkeFamily

I am an RGN, qualified in Feb 2007 and have worked in the NHS but over the last few years have changed to Nursing Homes as its more flexible around my daughter. I also find the work more enjoyable. What are care homes/nursing homes like in Australia?? We are aiming for Perth. Would I find work easily enough??? Is it similar to UK homes?

Guest guest17301

I think so yes, though I have no knowledge of working in an Aussie home I have been to quite a few in my role. Joanne on here manages a home in Queensland so will be able to give you some info if she sees this. Good luck.

Guest guest36187

I work in Brisbane so things could be very different!!! For me, less patient contact, much more paperwork but on plus.side, I earn almost double the UK.

Again I am in QLD but I find the NH sector to be very busy, ie more resident to staff ratio, You do get paid better here though (of course) and I think you will find a job no problems. I did think however, that there seemed to be more resources for the residents though, which is a good thing.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Been a while since I logged in, apologies. We put visa app on hold after daughter diagnosed autistic. Taken a while to get our heads around that and now starting to wonder if she will be granted a visa should we now apply. Am asking lots of questions, doing lots of research about it all. We almost decided to give up on the dream of moving permanently and we may have to if visa people say no. Before we even think of starting applications, I have a lot to look in to :)