PommyPaul and Britchick's Moving Back Home Tales!

BritChickx

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just like North Devon LOL! (- The good weather.) We never lock doors or cars, and yes parcels are left inside or on the doorstep in plain view.

Never had any trouble.

id like to stay somewhere like that for a while. i wouldnt say it was rough here but i still wouldnt leave my door open anymore lol. I was just laughing at the thought of there only being 4 people in the pub on a saturday, party!!!!

id like to stay somewhere like that for a while. i wouldnt say it was rough here but i still wouldnt leave my door open anymore lol. I was just laughing at the thought of there only being 4 people in the pub on a saturday, party!!!!

Haha! I do love it, and I must admit I'm still trying to adjust to living in a city now. I'll definitely go back to the countryside when I have finished my training.

My dad used to run a computer repair business. The couriers got to know him and if he was ever out, they just used to leave brand new computers and computer parts in the porch unlocked.

Everyone knew what was going on It is a cool place to live, but yeah. Often you might want to go out, but there is nothing happening. + with no public transport, you have to drive everywhere and so can never really go out for a drink or a night out with mates.

I'm starting work today, at long last! Got to do some shadowing shifts before I start on my own though, doing 2.25-8.45 today which is a random and quite a long shadowing shift! Bit nervous but looking forward to it aswell. Paul's promised me a massage when I get in ha ha let's see if he's gonna keep it!

Just you make him keep his promise!! lol. Are you doing nursing training at the moment or like care work? my friends just started a care assistant job n is doing those sort of shadowing shifts too, must be tiring. she stops and starts a lot too, like works the morning and then has a lot of the afternoon off and then back out at night. that would drive me mad lol id just want it over so i could get home :laugh:

You'll do great but best of luck anyway! X

Gives you great experience for your nursing. I wish my friend could get a nursing job but she'd most likely have to move to england and she doesnt want to so thats up to her i suppose. waste of 3 years at uni though!

you looking foward to starting? it'll be really interesting. Im defo thinking of applying for the access course. Hope your shift times are good ones! :)

Helloo

Yes Paul gave me the massage :P lol.

I shadowed yesterday 2.25-845 and today 7.45-2.15....so shifts are normally 6 and a half hours unless you do all day or the night shift. When i got there yesterday i was like left to it on my own for the first half of it which made it a bti awkward, and no one bothered talking to me unless they had to! So that was a long 6 hours. But I did get to see all the clients and see what its like putting them to bed. Same again this morning except the different staff were much friendlier! Was quite busy so it went faster, was glad to finish tbh! I can tell i'm not gonna enjoy it as much as my last job but it'll do until I go to uni. Oh and paul has an interview tomorrow for part time work leading to full time :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yoohoo! We're still about lol. If anyone's still interested anyway ;)

Paul finaaally has a job interview next week, for Sainsburys doing nightshifts 3 nights a week, not the ideal job but better than nothing! So everyone keep your fingers crossed :) he is also doing training today for an agency, bin man training! So if he does then hopefully the agency will get back to him with some relevant work!

I'm still doing my care job, it's okay, am trying to find something else though but may not be worth looking for another job cos of starting uni in september!

Hi there glad you're still around & I hope the interview & training goes well for Paul.

Sounds like the care home job is not the best, have you thought about joining the nursing bank at either Poole or Bournemouth hospitals or even both as a Health Care Assistant, this is usually a good thing to get into and many nursing students do it to supplement the student bursary, it also gives you a foot in the door & great experience. try contacting the personnel departments and ask about joining the bank, they may be able to put you in contact with the right person, also have a look on the NHS job web site they sometimes put bank vacancies on there but from my personal experience for bank it is sometimes quicker to make direct contact than wait for an add on the web site. Just a thought, hope it might help in some way now or later down the line. Good luck & take care.

thanks for the suggestion, that sounds like a really good idea, but at the moment I need something stable where as bank work isn't, but It's something i could do whilst studying nursing definately! I've applied for a few HCA jobs on the nhs website and haven't had anything back. I was honest and said i was studying nursing in sept so maybe that put them off? Although i thought it may be an advantage,