PommyPaul and Britchick's Moving Back Home Tales!

BritChickx

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm done with training now....Or so I thought!!! The boss rang and said there was some extra/in house training for me that i can do tomorrow so off I go! Then all i have to do is sit back and wait for my CRB and my references...they seem to be taking ages, I know what my old employers are like tho lol.

Paul did well at the agency interview, just took copies of CV's, ID etc, they can't find many people with a lot of experience in welding so I reckon he's got a good shot! So fingers crossed for him :)

Not a lot else to say really, my dad and his girlfriend are coming down saturday, gonna get more house hold presents lol.

Now I am actually done with training lol. Got a text from mum to say my CRB is back so I guess the new boss is still waiting on references, then i'll be good to go! Paul's still looking for work, but enjoying being househusband :P we got a few bits for the flat, even tho we're not supposed to cos we're poor lol. Here are a few pictures :)

P1010295.jpg

P1010297.jpg

P1010298.jpg

P1010299.jpg

P1010295.jpg

P1010297.jpg

P1010298.jpg

P1010299.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen
Now I am actually done with training lol. Got a text from mum to say my CRB is back so I guess the new boss is still waiting on references, then i'll be good to go! Paul's still looking for work, but enjoying being househusband :P we got a few bits for the flat, even tho we're not supposed to cos we're poor lol. Here are a few pictures :)

Tell him to get his backside back here:tongue:

Guest The Pom Queen

I was just going to say how lovely it looks until I saw the marmite, yuck. you can send me some Bisto though :wink:

Thanks everyone. And no kate he's all mine :P you have to train rob up instead lol.

To get a rental we had to pay 3 months upfront plus the bond, and have someone sign a gaurantor form.

wow 3months!? it seems to be a lot easier here, we've only ever had to pay one month rent, deposit and we had to have a reference to keep the dogs but thats it

Hmmm.. lol well i miss him at the weekends but other than that its not much different than what it was like after we moved back in with parents, i only really saw him at weekends. He hates working away up there but his wages are good so need to do it while its there. It sounds a a soul destroying place tho lol, tiny village with one shop thats hardly ever open, other than that theres only a social club. They went there on saturday for a few pints and he said there was only four people in it lol so no partys for him!!!!

Good luck with your nursing training, once you're qualified there'll be plenty of jobs waiting for you over in oz, and better money. Did you sign with any agencys to do care work over there?

I used to live in Bournemouth where I worked in a nursing home on nights until I saved up enough to go on a whv over 20 years ago!

I got work as a carer in nursing homes in oz through agencies. [i was already a qualified nurse but it took too long to register in each state and I wanted to travel] Now my kids have all grown up here I'm trying to save up again to get back over there.

I love Bournemouth, O'Neils on the Landsdowne is good on Tues nights, the lovely Si Genaro usually plays guitar and sings on the open mic night. xxx

Yeah i've heard from someone else that O'neils is meant to be good! will maybe try it out tomorrow as going out to a few pubs! I never signed up with agencies, I can't drive and didn't take my NVQ2 with me so didn't bother. Good luck with your return to Oz!

Yeah i'm sure I will stace, and lol that place does sound a bit like that!

at least they get the good weather lol. The nearest proper shops etc are 45mins away and apparently none of the houses lock their doors or cars cos theres no crime, the post men just walk in the houses with parcels. Sounds a bit like that place out the Wickerman film!

This is just like North Devon LOL! (- The good weather.) We never lock doors or cars, and yes parcels are left inside or on the doorstep in plain view.

Never had any trouble.