Maggie Thatcher - Leaving London 19th Dec

holmfirth

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Mark, looking forward to some sunshine more than anything, Cheshire has been miserable and grey for the past few days!

I hope that you have a safe journey and that you get some pictures of Maggie soon.

Good luck with the move - I hope it all goes to plan. Let us know if you and Maggie ever pop down to Melbourne!

Danielle.

She was so helpful that she even recommend me to a vet in Balmain and sent them an email with all Maggies details asking for them to call me over the next few weeks.

You'll find Balmain really dog friendly, we use Balmain Village Vets on Beattie Street but the ones on Victoria Road in Rozelle also have a good reputation. Simply for Pets on Darling Street is a great pet shop, they know all the dogs by name and always give them a little treat when they come in. They have lots of healthy dog treats rather than the long life preservative full ones many places sell.

If you fancy a Balmain doggie playtime and a beer when you get to Balmain send me a PM.

Hello,

Sorry for my delayed response. It has been a very busy Xmas period and we have the removal people coming tomorrow. Seems everything is happening very fast now. 3 weeks to go until I arrive and collect little Maggie, can't wait. It was very strange not to have her around this Xmas.

Cheers for the note Spottydog, I will be sure to give you a shout for a beer once we arrive!

I found the packing and loading of the container the most stressful time. Worrying about making sure certain things went on, certain things (passports!!!) stayed off, would it all fit, would I accidentally pack something illegal like a wicker basket, would the cat leap in towards the end so they would have to unload it all and start again....

Meanwhile, Maggie is living the easy life :animal-dog:

Ours only have a week left and as yet I don't have anywhere definite for them to stay for the following week before we get our long term accomodation.

I hope you get chance to sit back and have a breather once the container goes. Have you heard how Maggie is getting on in the last few days?

Wow they sure packed that container fast!!

The house feels very strange without any of the furniture. Now the count down has really started to getting on that flight on the 17th Jan!!!

Spoke with the quarantine the other day and Maggie seems to be having a great time. Hope you manage to find somewhere soon, sure you will. I hear it is hard to find places in Oz? We have a short let for 6 weeks when we arrive.

Guest thehoe5

Hi Hope Maggie has recovered from the flight, we were told pets can only fly into Perth? and had to be in quarantine a month? not at this stage yet but worth knowing my stuff for when we have to send Betty.

Guest thehoe5

ooh thanks for that I didn't know that either!! so how long was Maggie in quarantine? Betty is only a baby and we left her (in our house) with my mum for a month while we went to Aus to check it out and she was really stressed every time we left the house when we got back:unsure: we are really worried she will get stressed again.

So excited!

This time next week we will be in the air on our way to Oz!!

I am so excited with the thought that I will be picking up Maggie, just paid her quarantine today and they called to say she is one happy little dog. Life feels so much better this side of 30 days, or maybe a few glasses of red wine with a glass of port does!

anyway, very excited.

Hope you have a safe journey! We got Maggie and Mooh back on Sunday after the company we paid to send them to Melbourne from Sydney sent them to Brisbane by mistake! Luckily it was early in the afternoon and they got the flight down to Melbourne about an hour later. They were absolutely fine and are loving their runs on the beach every morning. I can't believe we didn't see them for 5 whole weeks -it's like they never went away now that we have them back (although perhaps a bit calmer than they were because of the heat!)

Best of luck with everything :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Sorry for a delayed response. We collected Maggie and she was back to normal within 24 hours. They treat them vey well in quarantine, maybe too well as Maggie put on 1.5kg which is 25% of her body weight. She is now on a diet and has already almost lost 1kg.

She is loving the Sydney life and has already been over the bridge, under the bridge been on a boat twice and seems to be the star attraction in the park most days.

However she is not a fan of the heavy rain, but I don't think anyone likes that.