Maggie Thatcher - Leaving London 19th Dec

holmfirth

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She will be fine, we brought our dog a couple of months ago to Sydney, eastern creek and they were great really looked after him, said he was tired from the flight but nothing more, probably slept for most of it, and now he loves his Aussie walks.

What part are you moving to?

I also have a Maggie en route - she is onboard the Qantas flight due to leave in 40 minutes with her sister Mooh. From what I have been told they are fine on the flight and it's us that worry! Doesn't help much though. Can't wait until I can call on Friday to check on them both.

They've landed! Have to wait a bit longer to call Sydney to check but at least they are out of their crates now.

I know what you mean about the treats, my two were much rounder by the time they flew and were getting away with murder too!

I'll post on here tomoroow when I have checked on them so you know there is nothing to worry about with your Maggie.

Morning holmfirth - just to let you know that I called Sydney to check on Maggie and Mooh. The staff were lovely and apparently my two are as bouncy as ever (they are chocolate labs) and trying to eat everything in sight. I was told that when they went in for their check up they dived head first into the food bin - I knew they were ok when I heard that! Just goes to show that the flight didn't affect them at all, it was just me worrying (I wouldn't listen to anjyone telling me that at the time though!)

I hope that puts your mind at ease.

Hello DBC,

Great news, and puts my mind at rest. You must feel so happy?

Just taken our Maggie to her vets for the 4 day check. Her normal vet was illl today so we had a lovely vet from Australia who has also put my mind at rest as she worked at the quarantine in Sydney during her training. She was so helpful that she even recommend me to a vet in Balmain and sent them an email with all Maggies details asking for them to call me over the next few weeks.

That's really good - one thing off your list when you arrive! A good vet is pretty hard to find, found that a few here were more interested in the money than the dogs.

Really pleased they are ok - they have Karen at Dog Walks looking after them too - have you got someone visiting Maggie when she is in quarantine or are you able to go yourself?

Hope everything goes well on Monday - let me know how she gets on - best of luck.

she will be fine, I just got my two girls out of quarentine in perth , after a long month of wait, they are not good travelers but hey they made it and are happy as a pig in ****e now

Brilliant news! I felt so much better when I knew they were out of their crates. The staff were lovely when I called and they will give you the direct line of one person that you'll be able to contact. Dog Walks posted some more pictures of my two yesterday - they really don't seem bothered by the whole thing at all! Hopefully your Maggie will be as easy going!

Hello DBC,

Gave the quarantine a call at 3:00am and spoke with Laura who is looking after Maggie. She said that Maggie had traveled well but was so happy to get out the crate as she had not gone to the toilet during the flight and was she was bursting to go. Laura made me laugh as she said Maggie likes to lick her face a lot so I know that our little girl must be happy.

Thanks for your emails the past week as it has helped keep me positive.

As soon as I have some photos from the dog walker I will post them up.

It's always nice when you hear something about them that assures you they are ok - I was told that they put their heads in the food bin and tried to eat everything - I knew then that they were back to normal!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures - my grandparents always had Westies, they are lovely little things.

Really pleased your pooch has arrived safely. It's horrible when you know they might be stressed and you can't be there to comfort them. It's great knowing that they have been checked over, stretched their legs and had something to eat. Hopefully you will get some pics soon to reassure you that she has settled in. :smile: