State Sponsorship

Guest The Smiths

Guest The Smiths

Was wondering if anyone can give me any info on state sponsorship. Ideally we want to go down the PR route, but was thinkinging of a backup plan. How does it work? can you apply to more than one state? are you still entitled to same benefits as PR, ie school, medicare? and a really dumb question, but do they find you a job or help in that department?

Debs :unsure:

Guest The Cutches
Was wondering if anyone can give me any info on state sponsorship. Ideally we want to go down the PR route, but was thinkinging of a backup plan. How does it work? can you apply to more than one state? are you still entitled to same benefits as PR, ie school, medicare? and a really dumb question, but do they find you a job or help in that department?

Debs :unsure:

We are being sponsored by TAS. The kids get state schooling but we aren't entitled to medicare until we become permanent residents. Also from other PIO'ers I have found out that we dont get the first time home buyers grant. On the state sponsorship forms it asked whether we were applying for sponsorship in any other state and that this would not detrimental to our application, but on the other hand they also wanted to know why our choice was TAS and why we wanted to live there rather than any other OZ state. Personally I think it would be a good idea to choose your state and apply as it shows more commitment.

We have a settlement officer who has sent us loads of info and a dvd of TAS, also lots of web links etc. They have also just emailed us info on what we need to do when we arrive and have said that if we let them know our flight details and how much luggage we have that they will collect us from the airport. How fab is that! They have also offered assistance on finding rentals and employment which we will be talking in further detail with them about shortly.

Obviously if you get state sponsorship you also need to apply for your permanent visa in a couple of years time but that seems pretty straight forward, you just need to keep all of your paperwork regarding schooling, employment, rental/mortgage payments, bank statements etc.

Another good thing is that the processing is much quicker than that of a permanent visa.

Have fun deciding!

CC

Archived