You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Heathfamily

Direct debit to UK from Aus

I have an NAB account setup for when we get to Aus. I need to know if I will be able to setup a monthly direct debit from my NAB account to my UK account to pay a loan that I am hoping to leave running in the UK. Any advise on this?

I have opened a Moneycorp account to transfer funds from UK to Aus. Can i do this the other way every month?

Guest MontyClaude

I'm not sure about setting up a direct debit. I have a loan at home too and hope to send home engouh every 3 months to cover 3 months rather than monthly to avoid charges.

I have an NAB account setup for when we get to Aus. I need to know if I will be able to setup a monthly direct debit from my NAB account to my UK account to pay a loan that I am hoping to leave running in the UK. Any advise on this?

I have opened a Moneycorp account to transfer funds from UK to Aus. Can i do this the other way every month?

Hi Heathfamily,

I was just wondering if you ever found out the answer for this as we'll be in a similar situation?

AC

Guest Rebecca at NAB

Hi Heathfamily,

With NAB Internet Banking you are able to set up a periodic transfer (weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly) for International payments. This is different to a direct debit though, so will probably need to be paid into your UK bank account rather than direct to the loan.

Please do keep in mind though, that each transfer has a fee of $22, so if possible it may be better to send more funds, less frequently, to cover the loan in the UK.

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you would like more information on this.

Rebecca

NAB Migrant Banking Team