KevR

ANZSCO 262113 - Systems Administrator - Options

Hi All,

Just got word back from the ACS, they wont give me System Analyst, however they will give me Systems Administrator. Looking to apply for 175/176 visa. IELTS booked for Jan 21st, aiming to head off late 2012 / early 2013.

From what I can see, no-one is offering State Sponsorship on this at the minute.

My questions, if anyone can help....

1. How often to the lists change and how likely is it to show up on any SS lists. (Or is it currently on a list I have missed..?)

2. Is it worth accepting the 262113, or is it worth another application to the ACS under a code that is on SS.

Any feedback is very welcome, thanking ye all in advance,

Kev

Skills assessed submitted (ACS) 16/11/11, IELTS 21/01/12, SS granted 11/07/2012, EOI submitted 12/07/2012, Invite Received 21/09/2012, 190 Applied 21/09/2012, CO 13/10/2012, PCC Applied 19/10/2012, Medicals Completed 22/10/2012, PCC Submitted 05/11/2012, Visa Grant 08/11/2012

Morning All,

Can anyone shed some light on the above?

Cheers,

Kev

Skills assessed submitted (ACS) 16/11/11, IELTS 21/01/12, SS granted 11/07/2012, EOI submitted 12/07/2012, Invite Received 21/09/2012, 190 Applied 21/09/2012, CO 13/10/2012, PCC Applied 19/10/2012, Medicals Completed 22/10/2012, PCC Submitted 05/11/2012, Visa Grant 08/11/2012

Guest prashyt

Hi KevR,

I believe Systems Administrator is only useful if you have a sponsorship available to you, because it is not in SOL: Schedule 1.

Reference: http://acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=skillassessment

Some conditions apply if you seek State Sponsorship from South Australia. Systems Administrator is still under the list.

Reference: http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/applyonline/skilled/planning_level_status.php

1. I am not sure about the Updates on the State Sponsorship List, however the SOL list is likely to change sometime in mid 2012. Refer to the "Changes in Skilled Migrant Thread" here and also on http://www.immi.gov.au

2. Yes, do accept this ACS Result as it might be helpful in future. Also if you've done programming explore the options to apply for "Analyst Programmer" or "Software Engineer". They are currently in SOL and thus helpful in applying.

Regards,

Hi All,

Just got word back from the ACS, they wont give me System Analyst, however they will give me Systems Administrator. Looking to apply for 175/176 visa. IELTS booked for Jan 21st, aiming to head off late 2012 / early 2013.

From what I can see, no-one is offering State Sponsorship on this at the minute.

My questions, if anyone can help....

1. How often to the lists change and how likely is it to show up on any SS lists. (Or is it currently on a list I have missed..?)

2. Is it worth accepting the 262113, or is it worth another application to the ACS under a code that is on SS.

Any feedback is very welcome, thanking ye all in advance,

Kev

I wouldn't accept it straight off the bat, you can apply for a review to ACS which I did, asking them to consider it under the System Analyst skill but if need be you will have to get your reference letters changed to show more analyst skills, your references may be vague on this which is why they said administrator.

For me I applied to ACS with 10 years IT experience and was given 4 years so I asked for a review and they gave me 7 so it does vary depending on the assessor, understandable though as people are different and may be familiar with different IT skills.

I wouldn't accept it straight off the bat, you can apply for a review to ACS which I did, asking them to consider it under the System Analyst skill but if need be you will have to get your reference letters changed to show more analyst skills, your references may be vague on this which is why they said administrator.

For me I applied to ACS with 10 years IT experience and was given 4 years so I asked for a review and they gave me 7 so it does vary depending on the assessor, understandable though as people are different and may be familiar with different IT skills.

Thanks DibDibbler, I will see what they say to me - I'm in the same place almost 5 years, I did a statutory declaration for my skills as I'm keeping things hush. I might need to review that. Cheers,

Kev

Well the state sponsorship occupation lists keep changing according to the market requirements. Systems Administrator ain't that bad the only thing is that once you choose a state you are required to live in that state for 2 years. After that you are free to move anywhere in Australia. Currently NSW and NT have openings for Systems Administrator. Also keep in mind that from July 2012 the immigration laws are going to change , it would be better to apply asap. Going in for a review might take up time.

Citizenship :Date applied - 10/01/2017 | City/Council area - Wyndham City Coucncil (Melbourne) | Online/Paper - Online | Date received the acknowledgement email - 10/01/2017 | Date of the Citizenship Test - 11/03/2017 | Approval letter dated - TBA | Date of ceremony - TBA