blobby1000

Anyone know a decent Speech Therapist

My son aged 4 has been on a waiting list for speech therapy for 9 months. He went for his first appointment today and they told us that because we moved out of the area 2 weeks ago she would not see him! So we have to start all over again.

It looks like we may have to pay for private speech therapy. Does anyone on here have any experience of one in the Geelong area thats any good? We would happily travel for a decent one? Or does anyone use a government funded one in the Geelong area?

Our son has trouble pronouncing certain words. Its seems ridiculous to me to refuse to see him after he has lived in the area the entire time he was on the waiting list.

Just to bump this up - in my experience - with medical and education in Oz or the UK - the louder you shout the more you get.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Guest MELBSPARKY

Jeffry Rush in Camberwell!

Guest Guest62757

I will also be seeking one out when I move down at the end of the month.

From experience here on the Central Coast I didn't bother getting a plan from the GP as it only allowed for 5 sessions to be claimed on medicare. Instead my private health insurance actually covered most of it I think I only paid something like $20 a session.

My son aged 4 has been on a waiting list for speech therapy for 9 months. He went for his first appointment today and they told us that because we moved out of the area 2 weeks ago she would not see him! So we have to start all over again.

It looks like we may have to pay for private speech therapy. Does anyone on here have any experience of one in the Geelong area thats any good? We would happily travel for a decent one? Or does anyone use a government funded one in the Geelong area?

Our son has trouble pronouncing certain words. Its seems ridiculous to me to refuse to see him after he has lived in the area the entire time he was on the waiting list.

I would get your GP to refer him to the Child Development Unit or your state's equivalent. That was the only way I could access help for my son as the private practices had huge waiting lists

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

My Sister in law is a really good private Speechie (and she has clinics on a Saturday) but she's in Narre-Warren which is quite a stretch from Geelong. I'll ask her to reccomend anyone in the Geelong area cos I'm seeing her today.

Cheers

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

Guest ktls

Hi blobby,

did you find a speech therapist in Geelong? I have just joined this, but am a Speechie working in Geelong if u still need help?