Advice on emigration please?

Guest tom88

Hi guys,

I'll make it short and simple, basically I've spent two years in Aus on working holiday visas, fell in love with the place, now I'm back home in the UK and depressed as hell.

I want to emigrate within the next 18 months and looking at getting in via skilled occupations.

A few things about me that I put on the points calculator:

23 years old

100% English language proficiency

5 years in my trade (painting and decorating)

No family or sponsors in Aus

I would be happy to go ahead and apply now, the only issue I'm having, and it's a big one at that. I don't have a qualification in Painting & Decorating. Like I said before, that's my job, I do it just fine but don't have the piece of paper to match it.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get through possibly my first hurdle into emigrating to Australia?

For now I am looking at doing the fastest NVQ 2 possible to avoid having to enrol on a 1-2 year college course...

Thanks guys,

Tom

Hi guys,

I'll make it short and simple, basically I've spent two years in Aus on working holiday visas, fell in love with the place, now I'm back home in the UK and depressed as hell.

I want to emigrate within the next 18 months and looking at getting in via skilled occupations.

A few things about me that I put on the points calculator:

23 years old

100% English language proficiency

5 years in my trade (painting and decorating)

No family or sponsors in Aus

I would be happy to go ahead and apply now, the only issue I'm having, and it's a big one at that. I don't have a qualification in Painting & Decorating. Like I said before, that's my job, I do it just fine but don't have the piece of paper to match it.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get through possibly my first hurdle into emigrating to Australia?

For now I am looking at doing the fastest NVQ 2 possible to avoid having to enrol on a 1-2 year college course...

Thanks guys,

Tom

Have a word with Australian skills Assessment as they award AQF111 which I believe would be more use to you than NVQs. Dont know if they cover Painting and Decorating but if you have the required experience and work history, I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.Good luck

Yep, you need a game plan and one that is the shortest route to the goal of moving to Oz, if you get a qualification in anything you have to check whether youll need to get the work experience after you get it even if its the same trade, check that out here to make sure with another forum post.

So do the points test and see what you are lacking to the points and then do something that will get you those points, youll have to wait though but see it as a long term goal and get on with your normal life and not get obsessed about it.

Best of Luck