Commuting too and from Brisbane to rockhampton ?? Anyone in similar situation

vixxy666

Hi my partner and I are moving to Rockhampton next June. Iam a chemist so lots of opportunties in Brisbane especially with my current company in the UK. Considering living in Brisbane full time but also having a small place in rocky for my partner to live whilst working 4-5 days a week, then him flying back to Brisbane. Does anyone else do this or in a similar situation in another part of OZ, does it work?? Trying to consider all options we both need to be working. Any advise much appreciated :)

Hi my partner and I are moving to Rockhampton next June. Iam a chemist so lots of opportunties in Brisbane especially with my current company in the UK. Considering living in Brisbane full time but also having a small place in rocky for my partner to live whilst working 4-5 days a week, then him flying back to Brisbane. Does anyone else do this or in a similar situation in another part of OZ, does it work?? Trying to consider all options we both need to be working. Any advise much appreciated :)

Maybe I missed something but... Why Rockhampton?

Guest The Pom Queen
Maybe I missed something but... Why Rockhampton?

Is it because her OH has a job there? Not sure but I think so reading between the lines.

Hi all yes the other half has a really good job offer there and will be a career for life unlike in the uk so want to stick with rocky. Heard bad things but we'll make it work. I've just got my degree so want to have a career aswell so it's figuring the best way to have both. Does anyone know much about rocky?

Hi all yes the other half has a really good job offer there and will be a career for life unlike in the uk so want to stick with rocky. Heard bad things but we'll make it work. I've just got my degree so want to have a career aswell so it's figuring the best way to have both. Does anyone know much about rocky?

Tough choice, I have to say not how I'd want to live at all i.e. away from the Mrs, infact I just turned down the chance of a $60k pay hike which would have meant working away. You could do it for a while but for me its not a long term proposition.

I've never been to Rocky but a work friend who knows it well assures me that while its not, how can I say the best city in QLD there are some nice places fairly nearby.

Rather than one of you living out of a suitcase can your OH not get similar work somewhere that you can also, sorry but that life would just not appeal to me at all.

I know what you mean it's not ideal but this jobs a real chance for my partner so I'll do what ever makes that happen. But I don't want to waste my career I'm hoping somewhere near rocky will have work for me but needed to explore further a field just incase. Initially he was going to do fifo so 4 days each week apart seems easy compared to that but your right in the long term it's not practically. At least brisbanes easy to get to for weekends away from rocky if we need it I've heard it's a cowboy town but I love horses n steaks so looking forward to seeing a different lifestyle but think we'll live just out on the coast to live the dream :) thanks for the info much appreciated

I know what you mean it's not ideal but this jobs a real chance for my partner so I'll do what ever makes that happen. But I don't want to waste my career I'm hoping somewhere near rocky will have work for me but needed to explore further a field just incase. Initially he was going to do fifo so 4 days each week apart seems easy compared to that but your right in the long term it's not practically. At least brisbanes easy to get to for weekends away from rocky if we need it I've heard it's a cowboy town but I love horses n steaks so looking forward to seeing a different lifestyle but think we'll live just out on the coast to live the dream :) thanks for the info much appreciated

OK, well - best of luck, also have you looked at the accommodation costs? Thats generally the boggest hit for most migrants and for a least some of the week your up for double, Bris is expensive although I'd expect Rocky to be more affordable.