Bank Hotel, Newtown to Woolahra Hotel, 'big' night for me!

MARYROSE02

Got the train from Central to St Peters then walked in a meandering route back to Enmore & Newtown, two schooners of Tiger in The Bank, then decided to get a cab to Woolahra for two more schooners and a meal. Spending money which I actually had for a change. Walked back home to Surry Hills all the way down Oxford St to Crown St, mixed in with mobs of fans who'd been to see ?Foo Fighters? at the SFS. I did not really mean to go out but once I got the 'taste'........ There's plenty to see and do in all those inner city 'burbs too. Lost count of all the pubs and restaurants, plus book and music shops which were still open too.

Went to The Bank again tonight too! Also had a meal in ?Viking Gourmet? which serves Danish food, first time there, excellent, then had a walk along ? Enmore Road I think, eating an ice cream, looking at the shops, pubs, restaurants, Enmore Theatre - never been there - then got the train home from Newtown to Central.

• 1 year later...
Went to The Bank again tonight too! Also had a meal in ?Viking Gourmet? which serves Danish food, first time there, excellent, then had a walk along ? Enmore Road I think, eating an ice cream, looking at the shops, pubs, restaurants, Enmore Theatre - never been there - then got the train home from Newtown to Central.

Was this Friday night?I just asked you on another thread what you did Friday night!lol

Was this Friday night?I just asked you on another thread what you did Friday night!lol

No, this was last year, and I remember it well as it was also a 'failed' internet date night, but also the reason I insist on meeting in pubs not ****ing coffee shops. After one drink, my date left. Had I been in a cafe, I would have left too. I actually like cafes and spend hours there on my own reading the papers, texting, writing, BUT meeting dates there? YUK! A pub, however, much, MUCH better. She left, I stayed, for another beer, so the evening was not a waste of my time.

Last night I had a very good Indian down the road from my flat in Elizabeth St, more or less opposite 'Wanderer Bar' - can't remember the name of the restaurant but it's VERY popular with taxi drivers from the 'Sub-Continent.' In fact, I was the only customer who was NOT a cabbie! I had a fish curry, with rice and roti, just spicy enough for me to need my bottle of water, but not so hot that I would have needed to jump into the swimming pool at Prince Alfred Park (though it would be an unpleasant landing as it's empty and I doubt it will ever be completed in my lifetime.)

Then I went to The Strawberry Hills for a schooner of Coopers, to the Royal Exhibition for a second - the lighting and seating is better for reading the paper - then back to the Strawbo for a third, then home about 1am.

I like Newtown but, despite being walking distance (just) from Surry Hills, it is outside my 'comfort zone.' Having said that, I may well go into 'The Twilight Zone' and head out to Parra for a second session at PJ's tonight, despite screwing things up last week and having to get a cab home ($77 NOT well spent.)