856 visa, mandatory health check or wait for request?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one. On the 856 visa (perm ens) document checklist on the first page it says "do not undertake a health check unless requested to do so".

But on the immi wesite in the health requirements section it says you need to do a medical for all permanent visas.

Could anyone clarify if I take a medical in advance or not for the 856?

Much appreciated.

Doing a geographical

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one. On the 856 visa (perm ens) document checklist on the first page it says "do not undertake a health check unless requested to do so".

But on the immi wesite in the health requirements section it says you need to do a medical for all permanent visas.

Could anyone clarify if I take a medical in advance or not for the 856?

Much appreciated.

Doing a geographical

It depends on your situation.

If you are lodging a Decision Ready (DRC) application, you must attend to medicals prior to lodgment.

If you are not lodging a (DRC) application you may chose to wait until requested. This is because it can take up to 8 month for a non DRC application to be allocated to a case officer.

It depends on your situation.

If you are lodging a Decision Ready (DRC) application, you must attend to medicals prior to lodgment.

If you are not lodging a (DRC) application you may chose to wait until requested. This is because it can take up to 8 month for a non DRC application to be allocated to a case officer.

Thanks ABA. Very useful info as per.