176 lodged December 2011

jacb

Guest mjcgito
Hopefully everyone who has been allocated a case officer so quickly into January will have their visas by February :o)

Hoping for the same, jacb. :wink: However, I have noticed that online application is much faster than paper-based, and I guess the fact that I am from a high risk country affects the speed of the process. :*(

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jamesandstephcole

This is all just so positive at the moment!... sent our main application to our agent this morning.. just need state sponsorship and we lodge... never dreamt we could potentially get our visa within a few months of lodging, does anyone know why?, is there any risk of it pushing out as we approach the July changes?

Hey folks

Just got my email

I have a case officer who as feared is requesting a load of extra things. I guess tomorrow evening I shall be on the case with all that

Millie x

Well done Millie, Hope your CO is not asking for too much further info. End is getting closer.

This is all just so positive at the moment!... sent our main application to our agent this morning.. just need state sponsorship and we lodge... never dreamt we could potentially get our visa within a few months of lodging, does anyone know why?, is there any risk of it pushing out as we approach the July changes?

Hi James, since there are changes going to happen in July 2012 it is critical to get the State Sponsorship and apply before July. You never know when they would come up with the decision to not accept anymore new applications to implement the new changes in place the way it happened in 2010 total shut down for new applicants :). Yes once you lodge your application these days DIAC is really working hard and processing quickly comparatively.

Guest thehoe5

Thanks for the reply milliemolly :biggrin:

Ive just sent off for the Vatassess doing the first part costs $600 then the interview $1400.00 then the practical $1500.00 is this right???

thought it was going to be around £1000. not £2200.00 ($3300.00)

Am I reading it right??? if I cant even get this right what chance have I got doing all the paper work alone..... think I may need an agent!!!:confused:

Ive just sent off for the Vatassess doing the first part costs $600 then the interview $1400.00 then the practical $1500.00 is this right???

Am I reading it right??? if I cant even get this right what chance have I got doing all the paper work alone..... think I may need an agent!!!:confused:

Gosh sorry I don't know. Somebody who has used Vetassess for skills assessment might be able to advise a little better than me. Maybe if you repost on a thread of its own you will get a good answer

Wishing you the best of luck

Millie x

Got this mail from my CO

''Security Referral Assessment form- primary applicant - this form can be downloaded from

the document checklist by entering your TRN. Please ensure that the details on this form match

the details on your form 80.''

any idea guys which form she is asking for ?? Is it ''Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant'' or ''Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates'' ?? The two form on the online visa status page.

What type of assessment are you undertaking? I was £750 (Construction Management).

We had our medicals today! So glad they're done and over with :) fingers crossed now all is well x

Good News , Wishing you the best of luck Dani

I have hit a wall, case officer asking for a court order for permission to take kids out of country. I only have a statutory declaration. I am scanning and uploading all now to see what they say

Mmmm

Millie

Guest thehoe5
Good News , Wishing you the best of luck Dani

I have hit a wall, case officer asking for a court order for permission to take kids out of country. I only have a statutory declaration. I am scanning and uploading all now to see what they say

Mmmm

Millie

Fingers crossed Millie I was told this was all you needed too?!

Got this mail from my CO

''Security Referral Assessment form- primary applicant - this form can be downloaded from

the document checklist by entering your TRN. Please ensure that the details on this form match

the details on your form 80.''

any idea guys which form she is asking for ?? Is it ''Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant'' or ''Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates'' ?? The two form on the online visa status page.

hi Dawood it should be Complete Character assessment form, it is similar to Form 80 and you need to provide the details of last 10 years where you have stayed and your family members. The duration and Address should match the form 80 (if you have filled earlier) and also in main application form there is a section where is asks about the details of address and duration.(am assuming you would have filled that while lodging your application).

Cheers !!

Ash

Me too, maybe the rules have changed? I had it all done in front of a notary so hoping it is enough

Millie

Hi Millie, The rules have not changed but I guess its case on case basis

Cheers!!

Ash

Yup agree.. May be you can discuss with Case Officer what are the options, mostly they are open to discuss options and provide suggestions. I suspect though that delay is not what that will be of concern to them... (it's more for we people:)), but yes they will be willing to discuss options...

I hope and wish you will sail through quickly now!! All the best!! We will pray for you :)

Cheers!!

Ash

Hi, I am new to this site and my family is planning on submitting a 176 application over the next few weeks. We live in NZ but I am from UK, husband is kiwi. I am getting all the documents together so our application can get processed quickly. Would somebody please be able to tell me if you apply online if you have to include "proof of your relationship?" I have many years worth of documents, photos, house deeds, birth certs of our children etc so no problem but do I need to include it all if we are applying online? I have heard no one mention it in this thread.

Also with applying online and getting your documents certified, do you need to photo copy the item (say passport), get someone to certify it, then scan it in and attach to your application? Surely this would really reduce the quality of the image?!

Any lastly does anyone know if doing general training with IELTS is enough to claim the extra points? As my hubbie is a NZ nurse he does not need to do an IELTS test for his skills assessing authority.

Thank you :o)

Hi, I am new to this site and my family is planning on submitting a 176 application over the next few weeks. We live in NZ but I am from UK, husband is kiwi. I am getting all the documents together so our application can get processed quickly. Would somebody please be able to tell me if you apply online if you have to include "proof of your relationship?" I have many years worth of documents, photos, house deeds, birth certs of our children etc so no problem but do I need to include it all if we are applying online? I have heard no one mention it in this thread.

Also with applying online and getting your documents certified, do you need to photo copy the item (say passport), get someone to certify it, then scan it in and attach to your application? Surely this would really reduce the quality of the image?!

Any lastly does anyone know if doing general training with IELTS is enough to claim the extra points? As my hubbie is a NZ nurse he does not need to do an IELTS test for his skills assessing authority.

Thank you :o)

Does you Husband need a visa if he is from New Zealand?

For proof of Relationship/change of name - all you will need to provide is your marriage certificate.

If the original documents are colour scanned they do not need to be certified.

Yes general IELTS tranning is ok for claimming extra points.

In my photos there is a copy of our online doc checklist that we received after lodginging application, we uploaded few referances from employer and 1 payslip, we were not asked for any more information.

thanks lebourvellec. great to know we need only the marriage certificate. a lot easier than nz immigration it seems. Plus I have a colour scanner! I did see your photo of the documents you need but I didn't know about the proof of relationship part as that is mentioned in the document checklist if you apply by post.

My husband does not need a visa, nor do our children as they are nz citizens, but I do! I can only get a temporary visa for Aus as I am not a NZ citizen yet. So we shall apply as a family for 176, it is the best in the long run for us all as kiwi's don't get the same rights as aussies anyway.

thanks lebourvellec. great to know we need only the marriage certificate. a lot easier than nz immigration it seems. Plus I have a colour scanner! I did see your photo of the documents you need but I didn't know about the proof of relationship part as that is mentioned in the document checklist if you apply by post.

My husband does not need a visa, nor do our children as they are nz citizens, but I do! I can only get a temporary visa for Aus as I am not a NZ citizen yet. So we shall apply as a family for 176, it is the best in the long run for us all as kiwi's don't get the same rights as aussies anyway.

Hi Leanie Welcome to the Forum. I would suggest instead of applying for 176 since your Hubby is already a citizen, apply directly for NZ spouse visa. Below is the link with all the forms and documents you require to directly apply for NZ VISA. This will be much easier and quicker process.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/live/partner/howdoiapply/default.htm

Regards

Ash

Hopefully you won't need anything more Millie, if it takes a while for what you have submitted to go to "met" email them and at least they'll tell you straight away if you need anything else.

That's good your medicals are completed Dani, it won't be long until the results are uploaded and you'll have your visa in no time!

Hopefully you won't need anything more Millie, if it takes a while for what you have submitted to go to "met" email them and at least they'll tell you straight away if you need anything else.

That's good your medicals are completed Dani, it won't be long until the results are uploaded and you'll have your visa in no time!

Thanks Jacb, fingers crossed - my OH had surgery done to replace a disk in her neck last year - she's fully fit now and has provided a letter from her surgeon who states that her recovery is near-perfect. Hopefully that's sufficient - she's an extremely fit athlete and police officer..it was an old rugby injury that caused it! Still, I worry!

x

I think it's highly unusual for someone to get their visa refused on medical grounds so I'm sure you will be fine particularly as she is so fit. A lot of people get their meds referred but that doesn't seem to take too long and their visas are then granted a few days later. Try not to worry! :biggrin: