176 lodged December 2011

jacb

Where in Queensland are you planning to go? I colleague of mine moved out to Brisbane just last month and so far she is loving it!

Hey Jacb

I am applying for a 475 regional. I was planning to apply on a 176 but I have to go regional because after the points criteria change in July it was the only way I could get enough. My sister bought a house for us to live in in Brisbane too but it is rented out at the moment. I have state sponsorship for the sunshine coast region so only about 1 1/2 hours away. Much closer than 2 days travel :-)

Millie x

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jacb

I am applying for a 475 regional. I was planning to apply on a 176 but I have to go regional because after the points criteria change in July it was the only way I could get enough. My sister bought a house for us to live in in Brisbane too but it is rented out at the moment. I have state sponsorship for the sunshine coast region so only about 1 1/2 hours away. Much closer than 2 days travel :-)

Millie x

Welcome Millie!

Sounds like it's all coming together for you, and the 475 is the perfect fit after all! Do keep us posted on your progress...:)

I'm just looking at preparing my police checks...I need three as I've lived in Aus, Ireland and UK...so probably makes sense to get a head-start!

Dani x

Hey Jacb

Millie x

Hi Millie

The sunshine coast is lovely, you'll have a wonderful time. I just noticed you got your SS approved today - congratulations! I think the 475 visas move really quickly so you'll have it in your hand in no time :biggrin: Good luck and let us know when you get it!

J

Has anyone put an app in online? I am wondering if there is something I am doing wrong. Under online applications it says this. Do you have any experience of not being able to get into the site. I am wondering if this is for the purposes of halting any more applications before the new year. Any advice / help would be appreciated, Millie

Planned System Maintenance and Technical Issues

Due to current technical issues all eBusiness (eVisa, eCitizenship, VEVO and LEGENDcom) systems are currently unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience.

For detailed information about planned system maintenance or current technical issues including known system errors.

See: Planned System Maintenance and Technical Issues

I tried to upload our forms and police checks last night and it didn't seem to be working so I had to email them to the case officer. Surely it won't be down all week - if so that's very unfair, particularly as they are putting up the fees in January!!

If it's still not working later I'd give DIAC a call.

Hello all, newbie here, we got our SA State Sponsorship today and I am in a slight panic as I have just read about the fees increase in January...can anyone tell me in what order you lodge the 176 - ie do you pay at the beginning of the application or at the end once everything is uploaded? I have not had chance to start the online application yet but am rather panicked about trying to get it all done ahead of the change in fees.

Also - I am getting mixed messages from the DIAC website (might just be me) but can we pay by credit card online or do you have to use the 'mandate' form I found, if so I guess I will need to get that sent off before this Friday (eek!). The 'bpay' system is apparently down until 2nd Jan 2012 so if we have to use that I am guessing it is already too late and we will have to just find the extra 15% in January. Any help much appreciated! This is moving way faster than I was expecting!

:confused:

Hello all, newbie here, we got our SA State Sponsorship today and I am in a slight panic as I have just read about the fees increase in January...can anyone tell me in what order you lodge the 176 - ie do you pay at the beginning of the application or at the end once everything is uploaded? I have not had chance to start the online application yet but am rather panicked about trying to get it all done ahead of the change in fees.

Also - I am getting mixed messages from the DIAC website (might just be me) but can we pay by credit card online or do you have to use the 'mandate' form I found, if so I guess I will need to get that sent off before this Friday (eek!). The 'bpay' system is apparently down until 2nd Jan 2012 so if we have to use that I am guessing it is already too late and we will have to just find the extra 15% in January. Any help much appreciated! This is moving way faster than I was expecting!

:confused:

Hiya...just be aware that the 176 doesn't look like it is changing with the fee increase...you might want to double check DIAC's website..best of luck mate! :)

We like the look of secret harbour but the scholls in that area have mixed reviews and obviously the areas with good schools are expensive. We would like to be 10min from a shopping centre, schools and beach. Reckon we will need to get out there first and spend a bit of time driving aroound each area.

yes I think you pay the fee then you get a screen that lets you upload any documents you have. You will then receive an automated email which gives you a link to check your progress and another link to upload any additional documents you might have.

That's great Millie! Here's some news to keep everyone motivated and cheerful - we have just received our visa!!!!!! I am completely astonished that it has happened so quickly!!!!!!!!! I wonder who will be next!

That's really quick bet you will be having a great Xmas:biglaugh: Hope I get mine back as quickly though still need to get a CO, meds and police check back.:xmas12:

That's great Millie! Here's some news to keep everyone motivated and cheerful - we have just received our visa!!!!!! I am completely astonished that it has happened so quickly!!!!!!!!! I wonder who will be next!

That's amazing!! What a happy Christmas for you! :):) Well done!

Thank you everyone!! We are hoping to go at the beginning of May. We need to give notice to our jobs and then we want about a month before we go so we can catch up with friends and family easily before we leave!

Now all the planning can start. I'll keep an eye on the thread to see how you are all getting on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mjcgito
Any other December applicants out there??

Our application question is solved - we received an automated email that had a link for uploading documents.

Hello everyone!

Just to give everyone an idea, I lodged my application last December 16, 2011 for South Australia State Sponsorship 176 Visa. DIAC received it last December 20,2011. I am now looking forward to have a Case Officer. :) Do you think there's a chance we could leave before June 2012? That is if everything turns out well (i.e. Police Clearance and Medical). :)

Below is my timeline prior to lodging my application. Btw, how can I make it as a standard template for my next emails and responses in this thread? :) Hope to hear from you guys

May 07, 2011-IELTS exam 7+ scores; May 2011- Vetassess; October 10, 2011 -Positive Vetassess Result; October 22, 2011- Lodged Application for SA SS Nomination; November 30, 2011-Received SA SS Nomination granted; Dec. 16, 2011- Lodged 176 SA SS Visa Application

Guest nomadinusa
Hello everyone!

Just to give everyone an idea, I lodged my application last December 16, 2011 for South Australia State Sponsorship 176 Visa. DIAC received it last December 20,2011. I am now looking forward to have a Case Officer. :) Do you think there's a chance we could leave before June 2012? That is if everything turns out well (i.e. Police Clearance and Medical). :)

Below is my timeline prior to lodging my application. Btw, how can I make it as a standard template for my next emails and responses in this thread? :) Hope to hear from you guys

May 07, 2011-IELTS exam 7+ scores; May 2011- Vetassess; October 10, 2011 -Positive Vetassess Result; October 22, 2011- Lodged Application for SA SS Nomination; November 30, 2011-Received SA SS Nomination granted; Dec. 16, 2011- Lodged 176 SA SS Visa Application

You will definitely get the visa before June 2011. At the moment the processing time for 176 visa is around 4 weeks.The DIAC site says that for 176 visa a CO will contact within 4 weeks. So if all your docs are ready then there's no reason why the visa will not be granted in a couple of month's time..

I havent even submitted my application yet and am still hopeful of getting the visa before June (trying to remain positive)..:wink:

Guest mjcgito
You will definitely get the visa before June 2011. At the moment the processing time for 176 visa is around 4 weeks.The DIAC site says that for 176 visa a CO will contact within 4 weeks. So if all your docs are ready then there's no reason why the visa will not be granted in a couple of month's time..

I havent even submitted my application yet and am still hopeful of getting the visa before June (trying to remain positive)..:wink:

YEY!! Hope that our Visas will be granted before June 2012!! Thanks for the positive note. :) Let's keep our fingers crossed. :)