176 lodged December 2011

jacb

I think the January thread will get quite a lot of takers as people will be rushing at the beginning of the year to get their visa applications in before the new rules!

Yes we're aiming for Perth. I think we'll both start looking for jobs as soon as our visa is granted but we'll hopefully be heading over at the beginning of May. My husband is working in the middle east at the moment and is due to finish at the beginning of April so it'll give him a month back home before we head across. Dani - have you started looking at jobs yet?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the January thread will get quite a lot of takers as people will be rushing at the beginning of the year to get their visa applications in before the new rules!

Yes we're aiming for Perth. I think we'll both start looking for jobs as soon as our visa is granted but we'll hopefully be heading over at the beginning of May. My husband is working in the middle east at the moment and is due to finish at the beginning of April so it'll give him a month back home before we head across. Dani - have you started looking at jobs yet?

We're looking at heading over around the same time..I was offered a job in Geraldon initially; i've looked into potential jobs from here and was delighted to get some great responses. Really encouraging! I reckon it's good to cast your net from here - you can always build your contacts so they're familiar with you..

I'm resisting the temptation to start looking at where to take the medicals..apparently the prices can vary quite a bit...might be a good excuse for a day-trip!

Hi when you say you uploaded 12 months of payslips, was 12 months needed? I say this as my husband is useless and even though his most recents have been kept, I cant say a years worth have! eek

We did fill it in online, I don't think we've been assigned a case officer yet as we've not heard anything but we've booked our medicals and police checks anyway as we would like the visa granted as soon as possible.

We uploaded the following:

passports

birth certificates

marriage certificate

my husband's qualification certificates and transcripts for each year of uni.

IELTS results

proof of state sponsorship

12 months payslips and most recent p60

2 reference letters from my husband's employers

proof of skills assessment

passport photos

Most of the copies of our documents had been countersigned by a solicitor but I don't believe this is required you are uploading the documents in colour.

Hi guys I submitted my 176 application on the 13th, it was a mad rush to get it in before the increase in January. I've sent away for my police checks and medicals are booked for the 5th Jan but my wife is having a problem getting time off so might need to re-book. It feels great having the application in especially considering it was August that we finally agreed to try and move to OZ and 5 months later we've went through the stresses of IELTS, Vettasses and the large costs involved in the whole process, hopefully this will be the last christmas in cold wet Scotland.

We are moving to Perth and my OH is now starting to look at schools and houses, she was a bit loath to consider these items until got the visa in.

Hi guys I submitted my 176 application on the 13th, it was a mad rush to get it in before the increase in January. I've sent away for my police checks and medicals are booked for the 5th Jan but my wife is having a problem getting time off so might need to re-book. It feels great having the application in especially considering it was August that we finally agreed to try and move to OZ and 5 months later we've went through the stresses of IELTS, Vettasses and the large costs involved in the whole process, hopefully this will be the last christmas in cold wet Scotland.

Hi Derham,

I noticed you're on a similar time to us, we've submitted our 176 on 15 Dec, feels great after all the stress and worry! We're gonna wait until a CO is allocated to us before we put in for meds etc, but it's lovely to be able to relax for Christmas now...I wonder if any COs will actually pick up on December applicants this side of the holidays...

Will be an interesting thread indeed! :)

Hi Derham,

I noticed you're on a similar time to us, we've submitted our 176 on 15 Dec, feels great after all the stress and worry! We're gonna wait until a CO is allocated to us before we put in for meds etc, but it's lovely to be able to relax for Christmas now...I wonder if any COs will actually pick up on December applicants this side of the holidays...

Will be an interesting thread indeed! :)

Hi Dani, my agent thinks it will be mid January before we get a CO due to the holidays but he thinks if all goes well we should have our visa by the end of Feb. The next stressfull items are finding a job, selling the house, finding a school/s and making the move, exciting times.

Hi Dani, my agent thinks it will be mid January before we get a CO due to the holidays but he thinks if all goes well we should have our visa by the end of Feb. The next stressfull items are finding a job, selling the house, finding a school/s and making the move, exciting times.

So exciting! I'd say your agent is spot on there regarding the CO allocation...It's pretty much gonna wind down now for the holidays..We're selling the house too..although it's so quiet at the moment...when are you guys aiming to leave?

:biggrin:

Sorry to post and ask you guys that have lodged your 176 visa (Congrats by the way- youve come a long way to get this point!!!)

But am just wondering did you guys need a points test advisory letter- we are just about ready to apply and hope to join ye but heard we need this to claim 10 extra points

THanks everyone for you help xx

It's great to get another December applicant and I think your agent really is correct about the January timeframe for case officers. I'll probably still keep checking our application each day until Christmas - just in case :)

We've not spent much time looking at jobs yet but I think we will as soon as our visa is granted. Hopefully it will be fairly straightforward getting them. What do you all do? My oh is an electrical engineer and I'm a data analyst.

ack - I've no idea what a points test advisory letter is?? It's not something that we had.

Hi when you say you uploaded 12 months of payslips, was 12 months needed? I say this as my husband is useless and even though his most recents have been kept, I cant say a years worth have! eek

Hi K8kte, we uploaded 12 months worth as we'd read on another forum that this is what they were likely to ask for. I'm not sure how essential this is though. I would imagine if your husband has lost his he would be able to get copies from his company anyway. What stage in the process are you at?

Good luck Azim!

We have just been allocated a case officer!!!! I can't believe we have one before Christmas. All she has requested are our medicals, police checks and form 80! OH had his medical just over a week ago and his results were FEDX'd to Sydney on Saturday. I have mine this afternoon in Edinburgh and we requested our police checks nearly 2 weeks ago so hopefully we can have everything uploaded this week, before Christmas :biggrin::biggrin:

Good luck Azim!

We have just been allocated a case officer!!!! I can't believe we have one before Christmas. All she has requested are our medicals, police checks and form 80! OH had his medical just over a week ago and his results were FEDX'd to Sydney on Saturday. I have mine this afternoon in Edinburgh and we requested our police checks nearly 2 weeks ago so hopefully we can have everything uploaded this week, before Christmas :biggrin::biggrin:

Wow!!! That's quick!! How exciting!:biggrin::biggrin:

So exciting! I'd say your agent is spot on there regarding the CO allocation...It's pretty much gonna wind down now for the holidays..We're selling the house too..although it's so quiet at the moment...when are you guys aiming to leave?

:biggrin:

Well I am hoping to get out as soon as my visa comes through and get a job but my OH and kids wont be moving until July as our oldest sits his Standard grades this May/June. I thought if I can get out get a job and find a rental until the OH comes out then we can start looking to buy a place. But the house sale will influence the exact move date.

Good luck Azim!

That is quick it would be nice to get a CO before Christmas but not too worried, I've get my meds booked for the 5th in Edinburgh.

Good luck Azim!

Great news!!

Amazing you have a CO before Christmas. They must be really on top of the backlog now, fantastic :)

Millie x

Milie - we were both surprised how fast it was!

Derham I had my medical in Edinburgh this afternoon and it was pretty painless. Everyone was really friendly and I think all went well assuming my blood and chest x-ray come back ok.

We completed our form 80s this evening and have uploaded them with our police checks (arrived today) so now everything is completely out of our hands. We're just looking forward to enjoying the Christmas holidays :biggrin:

Great news!!

Amazing you have a CO before Christmas. They must be really on top of the backlog now, fantastic :)

Millie x

Where in Queensland are you planning to go? I colleague of mine moved out to Brisbane just last month and so far she is loving it!

Milie - we were both surprised how fast it was!

Derham I had my medical in Edinburgh this afternoon and it was pretty painless. Everyone was really friendly and I think all went well assuming my blood and chest x-ray come back ok.

We completed our form 80s this evening and have uploaded them with our police checks (arrived today) so now everything is completely out of our hands. We're just looking forward to enjoying the Christmas holidays :biggrin:

That's good to know the meds are straight forward my son was asking me this morning if he needed to give blood but I think they just get an X-ray, how long did the meds take.

It must be grea knowing everything is in and it's just a case of waiting. Have you started looking at places to stay in WA?

The blood test is only for HIV and I think its only for people over 15 years old so if your son is younger than this then he'll be fine. My meds took about 1 hour exactly. There was a wee bit of waiting in between steps but not much.

Ideally we would like to live in Subiaco or somewhere pretty central to the CBD but we'll need to see what we can afford when we arrive. It's only me and my husband so we don't need to look at schools etc. Where are you planning to stay?