Can we apply for 457 and ENS121 at the same time?

whoiam

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post (though I've been a silent reader of this group ever since I started researching OZ). So i am sure someone would be able to help.

We are planning to go out next year and my husband would be the main bread winner. We would prefer to go on a PR and in our case it might have to be a ENS121. But reading the timeline for it and because my husband was keen to start work preferably by the Australian winter(next july/Aug) we were also considering applying for the 457 as it would be granted quicker.

Does anyone have any experience of applying for both together? Would it save us from having to do two police checks/medicals etc?

Would be grateful for any info.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post (though I've been a silent reader of this group ever since I started researching OZ). So i am sure someone would be able to help.

We are planning to go out next year and my husband would be the main bread winner. We would prefer to go on a PR and in our case it might have to be a ENS121. But reading the timeline for it and because my husband was keen to start work preferably by the Australian winter(next july/Aug) we were also considering applying for the 457 as it would be granted quicker.

Does anyone have any experience of applying for both together? Would it save us from having to do two police checks/medicals etc?

Would be grateful for any info.

Many thanks in advance.

Yes, you can apply for more than one visa at the same time.

Police checks and medicals need to be done for Permanent Residency and in some cases for a 457.

If you are only looking at arriving in July/August next year, you have plenty of time for the subclass 121, if done properly and lodged under the Decision Ready Checklist (DRC) priority processing standard.

I had a 121 Nomination and Visa approved this week which only took two weeks from the date of lodgement.

Average processing times for ENS (subclass 121/856) under DRC at the moment vary from 2 to 10 weeks.

Thank you doing a geographical and ABA for your kind advice.

ABA - the thing is as my hubby is a doc, it would take a few months to get his registration etc sorted out before he can apply for the visa. Really great to know that 121 can be done quickly with a DRC application.

would you also be able to advise what the cost of a DRc ready application would be if using a MA?

Thank you doing a geographical and ABA for your kind advice.

ABA - the thing is as my hubby is a doc, it would take a few months to get his registration etc sorted out before he can apply for the visa. Really great to know that 121 can be done quickly with a DRC application.

would you also be able to advise what the cost of a DRc ready application would be if using a MA?

Applications for GPs can be tricky due to Registration and licensing requirements. I have responded to your PM addressing your questions.

Our costs vary depending on the specific situation and complexity of the application. I do not charge additional costs for DRC as I always lodge decision ready applications unless specific circumstances preclude this.

Guest Lesley Bridge

Hi

Like you I have been reading for a while and not sure I am totally answering your question but I have just have my 457 visa grated in 6 weeks from start to finish (no medidical or police checks required but I am going out as a trainer and then have been advised to start the application for PR when I get over there and have been in the job for a few months. More expensive that way but we are with a no win no fee agency so will not lose either way.

Will be leaving the UK at the end of January to find a house for the family and a school for the children when they come over in the Easter holidays. Perth is the destination so looking through the site to grab the tips to ensure I do not miss doing something!!!

Good luck.

Lesley

Hope this helps

Hi lesley,

Thats cool--to get the visa in 6 weeks.

Hope you get a nice house and schools for your kids. Sorting those out goes a long way in settling in!

Its just a pain to apply for PR once we are there isnt it, with all the extra expenses. BTW what kind of fee do you need to pay the agency for the PR visa?--would be interesting to know.

Regards

Jackie