AFP checks - some advice please

Guest AndyH78

Guest AndyH78

Hi,

For some reason I was given 70 days to get my required documents back to DIAC for out 175 application.

I wanted to delay having to validate my visa for as long as possible, so left things until December before I even began, giving me, a good 40 days or so.

Now its dawning on me how stupid I've been!

Having spent a year in Oz on a working holiday visa, I have to get an Australian Federal police check done.

It takes them 15 days to process, I have to get my application forms to Oz, then back again, during the Christmas post rush.

I now see why I was given 70 days

So two questions

1) Can they forward my documents to Immigration directly, or even upload them?

2) How do I pay? They need an Australian Dollar cheque, which I can't do? Or a money order, is this the same as a postal order? and if so, can I get them from a UK post office in AUD? If not, then how else do I pay?

Thanks in advance

Andy

If you have to post them, use Fedex, they took 3 days with me, really quick but its £60 a pop but as you have no time left its a good route

You probably can send a Bank Draft in AUD from any high street bank you bank at, for a fee.

I dont know about direct posting from the police to immigration, ive never heard of it.

I needed a AFP check it took 2 weeks to get it back, but took 4 days to get Money Order from bank.

I bank with RBS and got a Money Order made out in AUD for the $43, which cost £8, I went in to the branch to order it, but you can now do it online, check your bank how much it costs - I checked with another bank I use and they were going to charge £20.

As the letters sent to AFP go to a mail bag address, I think it states on the application not to sent it by courier. I just sent by normal airmail, but got a receipt from the post office, as we were going to run over 28 days that we were given, I uploaded the Post office Recepit, and the payment information to my visa, CO was fine with that.

Guest AndyH78

Thanks for the advice, my bank charge £25 quid for a bank draft, disgraceful, but needs must.

AFP will forward to whatever address I ask them to apparently. I have a friend who lives in Sydney, so maybe I'll use his address, he can scan and send to me for upload.

Panic averted for now, I think......