Anyone from Manchester living on or around the Goldcoast.

Matt R

Where have you settled B Bear? We're from Worsley and just in the process of sorting out a visa. We want to find somewhere great for the kids (11 & 9) but there seems to be so many places to choose from :wacko:

Hi Hodgies2oz

We have settled in Bulimba, we love it here! It's close to city and has a really good high street with lots of cafes, restaurants and a few bars!

Not sure about the schools as we don't have children but I can imagine the schools are pretty good in this area. They say you should live on the same side of the river that you are working!

When end is the big move?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi B Bear (Pete),

Haha glad to see you found Chumleys I tend to go there when I need my fix of chips gravy and a barm cake :)

I am actually a Man United fan and I have just read the scores on BBC Sport :)

As for Match of the Day you need to be using Google Chrome web browser. Then download and install 'Zenmate'. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zenmate-security-privacy/fdcgdnkidjaadafnichfpabhfomcebme?hl=en

Its easy to set up and will ask for your email address as a password and install in the top right hand corner. What you do from here is click on the Icon in the top right hand corner and select the United Kingdom. When this is done and its up and running head to the BBC iPlayer website after Match of the Day has been on or is currently playing. If you catch it live you can restart the show even if there is very little time left.

Where abouts in Brisbane are you living?

Yeah I would be keen for a beer sometime.

Cheers

Matt

Thanks Matt I will give it a try! I think there was a typo on the result last night :-)

we we are in Bulimba so not far from you in East Brisbane.

Thanks Matt I will give it a try! I think there was a typo on the result last night :-)

we we are in Bulimba so not far from you in East Brisbane.

Ha ha it was a bit of a surprise result for me to wake up to also. Looked like a great game.

HOw did you go with watching Match of the Day?

Bulimba is a nice place, we normally go there for a meal and the cinema.

Hi Matt.

We're from Ellenbrook and hoping to come to Brisbane when the visa is sorted. I do want somewhere with a good primary and high school. Had originally thought of the Chapel Hill area but seems there are quite a few Brits saying the Coomera area is great, so now I'm wondering which side of Brisbane to go to??? Hubby and son are massive mountain cycling fans do that will come in to the decision!!!! Can't wait though, can't come quick enough.

Ps. Bet u miss the White horse ...NOT!

Hi Hodgies,

Ha ha I definitely dont miss the White Horse ! It was OK to meet up with friends before heading on somewhere else but thats about it.

Bulimba or Hawthorne are two very nice places you might want to look into.

As for mountain biking, your husband and son would absolutely love 'Gap Creek'. Its amazing and has various courses to suit what experience your family has. I was there a few weeks ago and had a fantastic time. ONe particular course has about 20+ jumps in a row all the day down so you nearly spend half your time in the air than you do on the ground! Just be careful :)

Both sides of Brisbane have their qualities. Southside is Bulimba, Hawthorne East Brisbane. Northside has New Farm, Teneriffe and Hamilton. All of them are near the river. If you can live within walking distance of the City Cat then getting in and out of the City will be a breeze. Plus its cool to ride the City Cat :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi. We're moving to the area, my fiance and three young kiddies (6, 3 &2). we're from Moston! Any tips for areas?

Hi Metrolink,

It entirely depends on what you are looking for. There are great areas southside such as a Bulimba, Hawthorne and Morningside and great places northside such as Chermside, Hamilton and Teneriffe. It also depends on your finances but when you have time check out the places I have mentioned and see if any tickle your taste buds :)

Great to hear you are planning on moving over, when do you think you will be arriving?

Matt

Hi Matt.

Thanks for your reply. Looking at July at mo. Been told theres a few places to avoid south, but that's ideally the best location due to work prospects? What you think pal?

Yeah you dont really want to head to far south such as Logan but where I live, Woolloongabba is pretty decent. Then just near me is the places I mentioned.

There is work North and South of Brisbane, just depends on what you are generally looking for?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. We're moving to the area, my fiance and three young kiddies (6, 3 &2). we're from Moston! Any tips for areas?

Hi. I know Moston well. I actually used to play footy for Moston Brook. We have kids and for me you cant beat the Goldcoast. It has so much to do for kids that you will never fail to be entertained. Brisbane is ok but I've here 3 years now and been up to Brisbane twice. Plus there are no decent beaches in BNE which made me choose the Goldcoast in the first place.

Me and the mrs moved from leeds to perth (both in our late 20's.) was there 5 years now living on the gold coast in upper coomera been here a year and love it.. just don't like the "ME WORKING IN NORTH WA PART STILL"...

Hey Steve

Were building in Upper Coomera at the moment in the Stone Creek estate. Well practically be neighbours.