Double baggage allowance Singapore airlines

Guest china

Can you take anything as baggage.

We have the 40 kg allowance so thats 200kg between 5 of us. Could i take 2 tool boxes with tools in, 1 is 9kg and the other 13kg.

Thanks

As I understand it you can take tools. They would have to be checked and you'd need to ensure you declare on landing to be on the safe side, that they are clean etc. If in doubt about this sort of thing I always feel its is best to contact the airline direct.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I booked my ticket on friday with singapore and I have a one way ticket £539.75 ( I am going on a 457 visa) with 30kg luggage allowance. I emailed them the other day and they sent me an email saying it was a good will extra 10kg... and with my kris flyer i have the air miles to go with it :D

Edited by Delaneym

Old post... But if anyone has any updates on what they actually did I would be most greatful. I'm in the same boat.,,, well flying actually,,, but you catch my drift. Thank you.

It pretty much is still correct. Singapore airlines offer the migrant excess if you are flying on an unvalidated permanent visa (but not spouse visa generally).

Outside of that it's the standard allowance but they may give a few extra kilos if you ask.

Guest Shell15

Oh damn! We hoping to double pack oh suitcase to double allowance as he is the only one who needed the visa. It is a spouse visa though, so we cant do that?

Guest Trueblue22
I booked my ticket on friday with singapore and I have a one way ticket £539.75 ( I am going on a 457 visa) with 30kg luggage allowance. I emailed them the other day and they sent me an email saying it was a good will extra 10kg... and with my kris flyer i have the air miles to go with it :D

Do you have the email address? I am not on a visa, I am returning as a citizen but trying to get half my life into 20kgs is going to ge a bit of a job lol!! Could do with a few extra kgs.

Thanks

Do you have the email address? I am not on a visa, I am returning as a citizen but trying to get half my life into 20kgs is going to ge a bit of a job lol!! Could do with a few extra kgs.

Thanks

I think they'll just view you as a normal passenger as you are not migrating.

There are some good excess baggage companies you can fly an extra bag or two over with. Or consider Emirates who have 30kg as standard in economy.

Thanks

I always try and see where I get ! i was told on here that 457 would be more than likely a no and that if a yes probably 5kg so pleasantly suprised to get that email! i went on the website to the contact me and used the online form to enquire https://www.singaporeair.com/websiteFeedBack.form and just typed in the box my request and to the point of why i was grateful for them to consider it.. good luck :D

Guest Trueblue22

I always try and see where I get ! i was told on here that 457 would be more than likely a no and that if a yes probably 5kg so pleasantly suprised to get that email! i went on the website to the contact me and used the online form to enquire https://www.singaporeair.com/websiteFeedBack.form and just typed in the box my request and to the point of why i was grateful for them to consider it.. good luck :D

Thanks!!....definitely worth a try! :D

For anyone interested..........Emirates is 30kg each as standard. More than enough IMO. Not sure what I would do with 40kg of stuff for the time it takes for my stuff to arrive. How many pairs of jeans, 't' shirts and shorts must a bloke wear before he attempts to use the washing machine............or go down the local laundrette?

Speaking from a womans point if view jackinabix... I could quite easily pack 40kg and thats just on holidays ;)

That would explain why it is the bloke who usually gets stuck with both wash bags, all the towels, the hairdryer, the iron, the travel plugs, the bag of factor reducing tanning lotions and anything else that would otherwise overburden the misses's case. I am usually quite ok with the standard 15kg on holiday as I tend not to use half of it anyway. I must have the same few pairs of holiday knee length chinos that have never been worn. Usually used to wrap around and protect whatever the wife needs to take.

Guest Shell15

:laugh: Yep! Its the same with us, and luckily i also have a son who also packs lightly! But then when you have 2 wardrobes (large) full of clothes and oh only has .... Half a one , it kinda puts it into perspective (ish) lol

:laugh: Yep! Its the same with us, and luckily i also have a son who also packs lightly! But then when you have 2 wardrobes (large) full of clothes and oh only has .... Half a one , it kinda puts it into perspective (ish) lol

I dont have a wardrobe (no room between all the little black dresses, coats and shoes) and only have two draws out of six. Even our sons wardrobe is occupied by the stuff that she just wont/cant be thrown away. Wont even get onto what we had in the loft.

Guest Shell15

Hehe out of 18 drawers he has ... 3 lol he would prefer more space... But there isnt any :) (evil laugh) and my shoes are n the wardrobe in the spare room! Most woman are the same, thats what i keep telling myself.. ;)

I think they'll just view you as a normal passenger as you are not migrating.

There are some good excess baggage companies you can fly an extra bag or two over with. Or consider Emirates who have 30kg as standard in economy.

I got a quote from Emirates.,., their quote was £400 more than Singapore. (based on 2 adluts and a 20mth old nipper)

I rang up Singapore Airlines today to ask them will their be any hassle with the Migrant allowance on the first leg of my trip which is from Dublin to Heathrow on Aer Lingus.

They told me to do the following:

1. Email uk_reservations@singaporeair.com.sg and send them a copy of my visa grant letter to confirm that im eligible for the allowance firstly ( im on a 175 visa so Im sure I get the allowance but I just emailed them anyway.

2. We havent actully booked our flights yet but when we do we are to ring up Singapore again so they can contact Aerlingus about allowing our baggage allowance on without any hassle. For them to do this they mentioned there would be a €35-€40 fee per passenger so they can sort it our with Aerlingus.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Littletwinny

We emigrated at the end of July with Singapore and they were very helpful in the UK, we ended up checking in 83kg at Heathrow with just our visa label in our passports. BUT we had a 3 day stopover in Singapore and had a terrible time getting the staff at Singapore airport to accept that we were allowed to bring the extra luggage. The duty manager at the airport insisted he had the right to decide if we were allowed to take it as Singapore Airlines only issue guidance and there is no way to enforce their policy if the staff at the airport don't want to. I ended up calling the London office from my mobile to get them to confirm the policy (30 mins later and when somebody senior enough could be found) but even then the only reason we were allowed to travel was that I had kept the baggage receipts from London as evidence. The employees at the airport kept arguing that it would have been unfair to travel from London with 60kg then shop in Singapore and try to take 80kg. After a heated exchange we were quick to point out that it's really our affair where our clothes come from and their job to just enforce the airlines policies.

Singapore Air were very helpful and I have no issue with them, they honored the 40kg per person 100%, just be aware that if you stop over on the way you might need evidence of what you travelled with on the first leg. Keep all your paper work and ask the check in staff in London for some evidence that you can carry the luggage for the whole journey. Otherwise it can be a bit of a fight, they kept trying to scoot us to one side and it was only when I had a bit of a paddy and refused to leave the check in desk whilst calling London that they relented. Hugely embarrassing but better than paying for 40kg of excess luggage.