SOR v NOR Football Players Wanted......

tonyman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one!

moving to perth early 2012. ill be up for a few games.

cheers.

balboa, will you be NOR or SOR ....and John im looking at the first Sunday in Feb as that gets xmas over with and i know people are busy in Jan , moving ect , i have a birthday /Australia Day .....and just gives us time to organize venues x2 and hopefully the SOR will get to meet mid Jan for a kick about and get to know each other ....

balboa, will you be NOR or SOR ....and John im looking at the first Sunday in Feb as that gets xmas over with and i know people are busy in Jan , moving ect , i have a birthday /Australia Day .....and just gives us time to organize venues x2 and hopefully the SOR will get to meet mid Jan for a kick about and get to know each other ....

ill be a NOR player mate. moving to northern suburbs for at least six months but might move south depending on jobs etc. ill play for anyside anyway!

cheers.

Guest The Newlands

Just found my Footy boots not been worn in 5 yrs since I was managing my sons team. Not bin played in for 12 years..... Hope your right and most of the blokes are between 35-45 as I'll be nearer 42 when start. Really lookin forward to it...John

Guest The Newlands

Just a thought Tony with the temp in oz do you wear boots wi studs? I was thinking the grass would be too hard... It be more like astro turf? If so mite have dig mi sambas out!John

thanks John , you will be fine , i was going to say that you can play in trainers , astro turf boots or just normal footy boots ......do we need shin pads ? i was never a great lover of those , found that i just couldnt play my game in them ........john i will have just turned 45 when we kick off and ive already picked up an injury today , twisted my knee........will be in touch over the weekend for emails addresses ect

Guest The Newlands

Trainers it is then, ref shin pads I know mistimed tackles are more common amongst us more mature boys so as much as I don't like em, I think we shud wear em...John

ok john , i will probs wear them too but they will be opptional ......and defo astro for me ..........they handle the grass well .....its looking like a pretty good turn out after only a week , just need a couple more from NOR then i can let go of the apron strings ,as i dont want to be looking after NOR once we have numbers , that wouldnt be right .......

I'm liking the mature age range too, turned 39 a couple of months back and the last time I played footy (5-a-side) I was run ragged by teenagers!!

Any dates or locations decided for the SOR training sessions yet Tony? When I say training I mean pass a ball about, not too much running about just yet!!

Cheers

Darren

I'm liking the mature age range too, turned 39 a couple of months back and the last time I played footy (5-a-side) I was run ragged by teenagers!!

Any dates or locations decided for the SOR training sessions yet Tony? When I say training I mean pass a ball about, not too much running about just yet!!

Cheers

Darren

sorry,ive not really been on here for over a week.......looks like SOR have a full team, NOR still need to get more palyers and a manager to sort them out.........maybe get over Xmas and New year then choose a Sunday to have a kick about..? will sort a location out but that can be anywhere SOR if its just a kick about ect maybe Atwell...?

Count me in for NOR if there's places still available.......been looking for a game of footy since I landed.

your defo in Phil, this thread is also on the perthpoms site........so a few guys to include from that site .......still looking for a manager for NOR

Guest philyns

Good stuff...I'll dig out the footy boots and give them a dust down. Nice to hear the fitness of others as well. I'm beat after running up the stairs................

Off subject slightly but - Anybody know of any saturday/sunday league teams in Mount Lawley area? Used to play regularly back in the UK at a decentish standard before work commitments took over. I'm keen to get back into it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wont be there till a few months time but,...

Will be living in Freo so will be SOR-Blue-Come on you Spurs!!!, could never wear red-horrible colour (Ars*nal scum wear it :happy_face_vampire_)

I'm a striker its all about the glory,

Guys only, sorry, but played mixed football before and..well...no:biglaugh:

COYS!!!! (=Come On You Spurs and Come On You South, how apt!!!)

ok chaps , listen up.........tmoz is well cancelled due to extreme heat for the aged and ive had so much bad **** going on ive not been able to get on here for a few weeks .......this WILL happen , probs when it a tad cooler and tonight i think i found our (SOR ) home groung , i will check it out , rusty goal post and dug out ......Bayswater , SOR ...........looks the part .....

• 2 weeks later...

This is the proposed date for the first football match against SOR & NOR , the first match will be held SOR at a suitable venue .This event is cancelled due to extreme heat and family issues .............it would be silly for 20 odd men around the age of 30-50 running around in between 30/ 42 degree conditions at the moment.....i WILL kick start this thread probs when its cooler , for our sake and i may have found a pitch , some good old rusty goal post in Bayswater ......just off Tonkin hwy , i will check it out to make sure we can use it ......my apologies for any inconvineince chaps but it WILL happen ...just not while its too hot .......safety first ............