SOR v NOR Football Players Wanted......

tonyman

Two teams .......with one goal..........to put an end to this North / South divide.......

I have a proposal and that is we build two teams ,simlpy called SOR(blue) & NOR (red),its serious but at the same time friendly and fun,4 matches per yr, 2 SOR, 2 NOR....(subject to change)......Venues TBA......first game will be a trial ,maybe a couple of beers after the match ect ......

there will be NO violence

no HARD tackling,contact yes but we all need to be able to work the day after,otherwise i may as well organize a boxing match !Any violence /fighting and that player/players will be kicked out and disgraced...:policeman:

A referee would be good , probs someone who likes football but not up to it and still wants to be involved ect ...?

Age...? Im a veteran,do we need 20 yr old whipper snippers ...? i think most on here are 30 + .....

You dont have to be a professional ect , its just a game .........

between 35/45 mins per half depending on number of players and the weather ..

Matches to be played on a Sunday ,time TBA...

Fly subs ,so we can all have a break if needed

Keeper can be changed at any time ,as long as the referee has been informed first...!!!

I will manage SOR for now ,NOR will need to sort your own out ,

SOR kick abouts ect will be arranged prior to matches so we can get familiar with each other ......

If your up for this get in touch on the thread ,im sure we all have a mate or two who would be interested if the forum cant get enough , i know i can if needed for SOR and probs one or two for NOR ..............

This can work as ive done it before in the uk , two rival groups in my local use to play each other after a Sunday session in the local and that proved to be so popular that we formed an official Sunday league,was better than playing in the Wythenshawe league as nobody was out to break your legs ect ........

Feel free if you would like to add to this chaps.......

Please dont turn this into a slanging thread its for football only .......:yes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not there yet mate (reccie in early march) then land in jan 2013. But im mid 30,,, like a game of footy in exactly the same context you state.

ive organised footy games on a tues night which was based around work, but many have moved on and in fact anyone and everyone is welcome to play. Hence its 15 years existance (and not 1 brocken leg)

so,,, if im there and your short, happy to play, and even support etc. Good ideas and well done. I hope you get your matches.

Guest mandi1971

My husband will defo be looking for an over 40 team in the north so ill keep in touch and see how you get on.

Hes football mad :goofy:

Mandi x

Hi, I would be interested in playing. I will be over the end of Jan and will be in Port Kennedy area so SOR. Not played very much since school, about 27yrs ago!!!! OMG didnt realise I was that old!!! I am not a great player but am willing and think it will be a good way to meet people.

Heathfamily,thanks for being so honest ,your the type of people we want ,im 45 and my knees will play up the day after but im not ready to give up football just yet ,start some gental exercise before you come over :wink:keep in touch pal .

Im not there yet mate (reccie in early march) then land in jan 2013. But im mid 30,,, like a game of footy in exactly the same context you state.

ive organised footy games on a tues night which was based around work, but many have moved on and in fact anyone and everyone is welcome to play. Hence its 15 years existance (and not 1 brocken leg)

so,,, if im there and your short, happy to play, and even support etc. Good ideas and well done. I hope you get your matches.

Danny ,you sound like a good bloke ,i would like to think we will be playing for some time and if we are the changing room door will always be open to you pal ......:yes:

i am nor and would play, need to put boots in oven for couple of days to soften em up, i think they curled up toe end. dunno bout playing in red tho! I from blue part of hampshire

Legoman, would you be interested in being the NOR manager once we have solid numbers..? Ive sent the same thread to the perth poms forum and there are some NOR lads very interested as well as SOR lads .All i will be doing is gathering mob No`s and probs emails so that any info ,details ect will go direct to my lads(SOR) regarding times , transport ,venue ect .......

Regarding the kit colour, maybe im being selfish as i dont want to play in red :laugh:.....what about the home team wears white (a slight advantage)and the away team sort there colours out prior to the match........

It may sound some way off but i was thinking the first game to be played the first weekend in Feb as Christmas i almost upon us ,people seem to be arriving in Jan as well as changing jobs and moving house , then we have Anzac Day ,so if we work around 5th Feb,also give people time to get a little fitter , find their boots ect ..........if anyone has anything else to add then please do.........

Danny ,you sound like a good bloke ,i would like to think we will be playing for some time and if we are the changing room door will always be open to you pal ......:yes:

Thanks for that. Nice warming feedback! ... now for the spanner in the works ,, i like wearing the red and white!!! ha.,., only kidding - i`ll wear anything including pink and white if we can drum up some money for local charities etc... (now theres an idea to generate some support)

Hope to catch you all soon,,, and may the best team win!!!

We are SOR, havent played for a while but definitely interested!

Scarby , dont worry about that pal , ive not played for 4 yrs apart from kick abouts in parks and beaches ect ........come on NOR ,we almost got a full squad ,lets be having ya as deliah from Norwich City once said at half time against City .......where are you all :laugh:

Guest mandi1971

Hi we will be up North too,Daz still plays football every week and has done a bit coaching with the kids.

He was looking for a team and was worried he'd be too old so he's over the moon.

See you in January

Mandi x

Guest mandi1971
Thanks for that. Nice warming feedback! ... now for the spanner in the works ,, i like wearing the red and white!!! ha.,., only kidding - i`ll wear anything including pink and white if we can drum up some money for local charities etc... (now theres an idea to generate some support)

Hope to catch you all soon,,, and may the best team win!!!

Lol I'm sure black and white would suit you better :wink::biggrin:

But Daz is the same,he'd wear 'mostly' anything

Mandi x

Guest The Newlands

thanks to all, we just need some NOR players now ,then we can get the ball rolling ect
I see my mrs as put me forward nice one im up for playing for NOR red is for winners!! We land on the 14th jan wen you lookin at starting?John