You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jibbah24

Christmas social/meet & greet/BBQ Mornington Penisula....anyone intereste??

Hello everyone...

Me and the gang are relocating to Frankston South on the 16th Dec and are really hoping that there might be a get together somewhere on the Peninsula around Christmas time.

We moved over in April this year and initially got a 6 month rental in Lilydale, however, we've decided that as we'd always lived near the beach previously we wanted to be near the beach now.

Have a lovely (but bloody expensive :wideeyed:) rental in Olivers Hill so have the kids enrolled at Derinya Primary School and my daughter will be able to get in at Frankston High School the year after!

This is my wife's first Christmas in Australia and away from family and friends and I really want to make sure she enjoys it and I'm sure a catch up and BBQ somewhere would really help.

Getting yourself a network of friends if crucial so here's hoping you're all up for arranging something.

Not really sure of the best places to organise something like this so will through it open to those of you who are already in and settled.

Will also post this on a couple of the other pages and forums to see what we can sort!

Cheers all and hope to catch up soon!

Cheers

Spencer

Spencer (40 Aus), Lisa (36 Permanent Visa 100), Alexandra (11 Aus by Descent) & William (7 Aus by Descent)

How about a picnic / BBQ in Mornington park on Saturday 17th December?

Spencer if you want to pm me I can put you in touch with some families who are quite local who will be out and about over Christmas.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Bill is this organised or just a thought?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Bill is this organised or just a thought?

Just a thought but if enough interested in next few days no harm in organising it.

That sounds like a good idea to me if it can be organised!

Geoff

Just a thought but if enough interested in next few days no harm in organising it.

I'm sure there will be plenty on here happy to come along.:wubclub:

That sounds like a good idea to me if it can be organised!

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Re the PM, Have you met any of the rowdy bunch yet?

Hi Geoff

Re the PM, Have you met any of the rowdy bunch yet?

Not 'met' any yet but had plenty of abuse on FB (yes Trudy if you read this I'm talking about you!!!!!:wink: )

Thanks again Kate, you're a star!

Geoff 'Party Animal' Denyer

Not 'met' any yet but had plenty of abuse on FB (yes Trudy if you read this I'm talking about you!!!!!:wink: )

Thanks again Kate, you're a star!

Geoff 'Party Animal' Denyer

LOL yes Trudy is a bit of a wild child, but she has a heart of gold:laugh::jiggy::hug: Ask her to introduce you to Lisa, she is the quiet and sensible one of the two (well sometimes)

LOL yes Trudy is a bit of a wild child, but she has a heart of gold:laugh::jiggy::hug: Ask her to introduce you to Lisa, she is the quiet and sensible one of the two (well sometimes)

Compared to Trudy I thing ANYONE would seem quiet and sensible! I'll PM her to fix me up with Lisa :biglaugh:

Sorry for hijacking this thread everyone!

Saturday 17th pencil me in!

Geoff

Compared to Trudy I thing ANYONE would seem quiet and sensible! I'll PM her to fix me up with Lisa :biglaugh:

Sorry for hijacking this thread everyone!

Saturday 17th pencil me in!

Geoff

Sshhhh she is probably reading this, I'm sure she will be at the meet on the 17th to officially greet you:wink:

This sounds great! We get the keys to the new place on the 16th and will be hopefully having everything moved down on that day so catch up on Sat would be great fun!

Keep us in the loop!!

Cheers

S

:biggrin:

Spencer (40 Aus), Lisa (36 Permanent Visa 100), Alexandra (11 Aus by Descent) & William (7 Aus by Descent)

Guest deegee

would love to come along just moved back to mornington from qld can anyone tag along

would love to come along just moved back to mornington from qld can anyone tag along

No problem at all the more the merrier.:xmas2::xmas10::xmas1:

Anything fixed for this yet? Just logged on after a while and found it.

Good luck with the move by the way. Your moving to a lovely place, i always admire that area as we go down to the beach. We usually head to cannadian bay in mt eliza, just up the rd from your new pad, great for the kids as the water is calm and not too deep.

Will check in in the week to see if anything set for sat

Kelly

....Living life in Aus....

Moved to Melb on 457 in Sept 2009, 856 granted June 2010 ... :em4000:...

Anything fixed for this yet? Just logged on after a while and found it.

Good luck with the move by the way. Your moving to a lovely place, i always admire that area as we go down to the beach. We usually head to cannadian bay in mt eliza, just up the rd from your new pad, great for the kids as the water is calm and not too deep.

Will check in in the week to see if anything set for sat

Kelly

Hi Kelly, hope you are ready for Xmas, take a peak here for the official thread http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/victoria/133437-xmas-bbq-mornington-park.html