You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

MARYROSE02

Using Picture Post Cards as Xmas Cards?

I started doing this in the UK when I found a good set of pictures of The New Forest where I live. Now I do the same thing in OZ, bought two packs of first day covers, already stamped for worldwide. Some of them are Xmas-themed, others Aussie-themed. I sent all ten off on Friday. I find it more 'authentic' and i like to add a short message too. I hate getting a card from ten thousand miles away with no more than 'Merry Xmas Dave' from 'X' & 'Y', written by 'X' when 'Y' is supposedly my friend.

Guest Guest16631

......a great idea thanks.........one I will use from now on........especially for the younger members of the family !

I just went up to Surry Hills PO and bought three more packs - Floral Festivals Australia, Xmas 2011, Living Australia Photography Comp. 2011 $21 for 15 so that's not bad - 'price includes postage paid in Australia for delivery worldwide.' I could have just got Xmas ones which are nice but I like a bit of variety and Australian themes. I"m not averse to putting stamps on beer mats either if it's going to a bloke! $1.60 postage for a picture postcard. Should I feel guilty for breaking up a set of 'first day of issue' though?