pommysteve

Australian bank deposit

How do I pay someone in Australia?

They have provided account# 999999999 BSB# 999 999.

Is that like A/C No & Sort Code?

How do I go about paying form UK account? Or maybe I need an Oz Bank Account?

17/02/09 ACS RPL 2231-79 (Network Security) ¦ 02/05/09 ACS Result ¦ 08/05/09 175 Visa Application(Online) ¦ 29/09/09 Case Officer ¦ 09/10/09 Meds Done¦ 12/09/09 PCC’s Sent ¦ 27/10/09 Meds Finalised ¦ 09/11/09 Visa Granted!

Guest boyllba

if u bank wit rbs or natwest and use online banking you can send up to £10k per day with no charge. the oz bank will charge you a fee of about £8.50 but if you go into the bank to send an express payment (the same thing) you will pay £27 + the £8.50. if you are not with either of these banks navigate around the payment section of your own banks online banking and see if they offer the same services. rbs have just upgraded their payment section to include international payments recently so don't know about the other banks. the exchange rate is not too bad either as it is higher than boing into the brance and buying the currency rate.

hope this helps

Guest boyllba

:biggrin:

if u bank wit rbs or natwest and use online banking you can send up to £10k per day with no charge. the oz bank will charge you a fee of about £8.50 but if you go into the bank to send an express payment (the same thing) you will pay £27 + the £8.50. if you are not with either of these banks navigate around the payment section of your own banks online banking and see if they offer the same services. rbs have just upgraded their payment section to include international payments recently so don't know about the other banks. the exchange rate is not too bad either as it is higher than boing into the brance and buying the currency rate.

hope this helps

sorry about the state of my typing.....and thats me without a drink.

by the way the a/c details you have will be ok to send your funds as it is the sortcode and a/c number.

How do I pay someone in Australia?

They have provided account# 999999999 BSB# 999 999.

Is that like A/C No & Sort Code?

How do I go about paying form UK account? Or maybe I need an Oz Bank Account?

Yes, that is the equivalent.

From vague memory you might also need the swift code for most international transfers....think it is the global bank identifier that SWIFT use to transfer money.

I'd wait for confirmation though as I'm a bit out of date :)

Guest VickyMel

If you are transferring a lot look at some of the money exchange companies you can get a much better exchange rate - there are several companies - Moneycorp advertises on PIO (front page) I used them very efficient.

Just $1200

17/02/09 ACS RPL 2231-79 (Network Security) ¦ 02/05/09 ACS Result ¦ 08/05/09 175 Visa Application(Online) ¦ 29/09/09 Case Officer ¦ 09/10/09 Meds Done¦ 12/09/09 PCC’s Sent ¦ 27/10/09 Meds Finalised ¦ 09/11/09 Visa Granted!

I would use a money tranfer company to be honest, you just online transfer to the company's account, and they transfer at the other end to the aus account. It's significantly cheaper than using your bank directly.

Thanks all, any recommendations?

Guest VickyMel

Moneycorp offer no fee transactions to PIO members. There is a link on the PIO home page and a bit where you can put the amount in and see how much you would get at todays rate. Compare that to what the banks say - they usually use a worse rate and charge more.

My money was literally in my Oz bank account the day after I agreed the transaction.

I used Moneycorp but there are other similar companies.

You can do it through Moneycorp you will get a better rate of exchange.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

I set up a HIFX account today which seems good? Although they say it takes 3 days for them to receive the money and another 4/5 to get it to the recipient?

I set up a HIFX account today which seems good? Although they say it takes 3 days for them to receive the money and another 4/5 to get it to the recipient?

But as a PIO member Moneycorp wouldn't have charged you anything:wink:

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Guest VickyMel
Thanks, I'll take a look.

If you send a cheque to them it does take longer - I sent the funds electronically to Moneycorp.

Email them - they are very quick to reply I think they have people there 24/7. They will also call you back by phone if you like and tell you exactly what the exchange rate is and how that would translate to Ozzie $.

They guy I chatted with had no sales pitch just straight forward this is how it is - this is what you will get... No pressure which works for me.

Then phone your bank and ask the same question.

They may have a charge for smaller amounts of money?

Guest jje
But as a PIO member Moneycorp wouldn't have charged you anything:wink:

I use HiFX and they don't charge me anything either. Although I did mention George Lombard when I got an account...