how to start the process of taking cat?

landr

Hi everyone,

We are hoping to move over next year so I wanted to get the rabies vaccinations out the way incase other half gets a job offer.

But how do I go about starting? I have been on the daff website and found the information package 4 and understand the process that needs to be done...but are there forms somewhere I need to fill out before I take kitty to get jabbed and the blood tested?

I don't want to take her to the vets and get it started if i'm doing it wrong? Are there no documents to take with me to the vets to get it recorded that its been completed?

The only form I have been sent is the export permit.

First you need to make sure your cat is chipped, then get a rabies vaccination done and then around 3-4 weeks after that get a rabies blood sample done. Any vet can do this it does not need to be an LVI (UK government vet), but an LVI does need to complete the rabies neutralising Antibody titre test (RNATT) declaration, so it may keep your vet happier if the vaccines and bloods are done by an LVI. Then apply for permit and pick your flight date.

If it is any help, then with our Gold service we will do this paperwork all for you. You just need to get microchip/rabies vaccination done/rabies blood sample done/regular vaccinations done and then we apply for permit/do RNATT declaration/export papers etc

thanks very much. I have checked and my vet is able to do all of this.

But is there any paperwork I need to take with me to the vets when I go for the rabies vaccination for him to document it straight away?

I will definately contact you nearer the time about the final bits to take her over!