Medicals stress

OzWa

Hi everyone,

This is my very first post after following this forum for months. My family and I are so close to moving downunder.

We've got our WA SS in October (after 24 hours), got a Case Officer after 10 days... happy family so far ;-)

We did our medicals on the 9th of Nov ... but so far we received no news.

Is it impolite or too pushy if I should mail HOC in Sydney ??

Or is it just a matter of waiting patiently ?

Getting stressed ... will we be "healthy enough" ;-)

Did anyone ever got negative news from Diac concerning the medicals ?

Thanks for the replies

If there was anything majorly untoward in your medicals, the doctors will have contacted you to let you know! Your health is their first priority!

DIAC are notoriously slow at everything, + the medicals are not reviewed by them! The results need to be reviewed and then sent on to DIAC, then DIAC need to review and make a decision!

Feel free to contact DIAC, but in my past experience thats just how they roll!

Did you do the e-health, or a paper one? If you did paper you should at least be able to track it and see if it has been read. I remember the waiting, it killed me!! Good luck and hold tight :-)

Did you do the e-health, or a paper one? If you did paper you should at least be able to track it and see if it has been read. I remember the waiting, it killed me!! Good luck and hold tight :-)

The paper one, our doc was not the e-type ;-)

So far our applications status still indicates "requested"

aarrggghhhhh .. stress stress.... got this email from HOC

" I have contacted our mail room who have no records of receiving a parcel under the tracking number provided. Please note this may be in transit still. If you require further information please contact the allocated case officer or relevant visa business section."

My parcel left Belgium on the 18th of November ..... where is Santa when you need him? ;-)

What do the mail company say? Have you tracked the parcel online? Most companies display a complete list of where a package is as it passes through various countries and many give a name of who signed. If the medical centre you used for the meds was like mine they send off multiple results at once at the end of the week so it would be interesting to see if the others arrived!

Should be there by now surely.

Just a thought but if its lost couldnt you go back to the medical centre and have them re-submit, probably cost more but then its done. None of this will affect your application there will just be a delay.

Hiya we did our medicals and i asked for the results from doctor to be posted to my address also when they posted the paper results to Austalia. Did you not request them to post a copy to you?

If there is generally nothing wrong with you there is nothing to worry about and if they did find somethign they will tell you quickly. I know things are a bit slower now than when I did mine but I got the all clear to go in 6 weeks. This included a 3 week delay as they did find a shadow on my chest x rays. My case officer was very helpful and explained that if they are not perfect the medicals are sent to Oz as standard procedure. The shadow turned out to be the after effects of a simple chest infection and nothing serious.