You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

dinkydoo

visa refusal can you please help me

My oh's visa has been refused today on the grounds that he doesnt have the relevant australian work experince, he needed 12 months to qualify for the extra points,

He worked in Oz from jan 2007 -may 2008 which is over 12 months so we thought that this would help get the extra points, however the refusal states that the experience needs to be with in the immediate 48 months prior to the application which was made on june 1st 2011, so they will only take the work experince from june 2007, so we are 4 weeks short even though had over 12 months of working for an australian company.

Please can someone advise me what I can do next...... are there any immigration agents on this forum that could help us ????????????????????

We are devastated:sad:

AFTER LAST YEAR'S DISASTER, WE ARE NOW EXPLORING OTHER AVENUES TO GET TO OZ!

WE FLY OUT ON THE 7th APRIL :) YAY!!!!!

oh my god am sorry to hear that.They are really strict and give no leeway. ITs harsh

Did you loose the entire visa fee? or just the first installment. Could ye go on workin hol visa or something?

VETASSES Applied May; granted Sept ** IELTS (L8.5 R9 W9 S9 (Band 9)** VIC SS Appd 18/11/11, granted 6/12/11 **176 lodged 22/1/12 **CO 31/1/12 **Meds refd 9/2 finalised 13/2** PCC 20/2 **GRANTED 28/02/2012 **Hubbie leaves July 1st, baby &me Aug 14th

oh my god am sorry to hear that.They are really strict and give no leeway. ITs harsh

Did you loose the entire visa fee? or just the first installment. Could ye go on workin hol visa or something?

I am trying to find out whether we can appeal, he has 17 months experince, if we cant appeal then yes we will lose the whole fee!!

We are too old to get WHV!!

Oh I am so sorry to hear this, did you use an agent as they should have known this? It may be too late but I would definitely chat with an agent on your best step forward. Have a look for:

Raul: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/33932.html

Alan Collett: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/8471.html

George Lombard: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/12867.html

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Have you looked into trying to increase the points on the other sections of your application say English Test as scoring 8 in all gives you 20 points? Or maybe seeing if in the near future you gain 5 more points for more work experience.

It sounds daft but getting your visa and then going in 10 months is the same as waiting 10 months for your visa and then going straight away.

I am trying to find out whether we can appeal, he has 17 months experince, if we cant appeal then yes we will lose the whole fee!!

We are too old to get WHV!!

I could be wrong but I dont think you can appeal 175 visa decision.

Have you looked into trying to increase the points on the other sections of your application say English Test as scoring 8 in all gives you 20 points? Or maybe seeing if in the near future you gain 5 more points for more work experience.

It sounds daft but getting your visa and then going in 10 months is the same as waiting 10 months for your visa and then going straight away.

They applied before the 1 Jul Changes - max points for english were to have 7.

Depending on having enough points reapplying under new points system maybe only way forward.

so sorry to hear this-have you spoken to a migration expert yet?

By the way I thought the second part of the visa fee was only relevant to those with less than functional English not to everyone did you have to pay both?

Moved back to Perth in May 2013.

so sorry to hear this-have you spoken to a migration expert yet?

By the way I thought the second part of the visa fee was only relevant to those with less than functional English not to everyone did you have to pay both?

I am waiting on a response from an agent, have spent the day looking into state sponsorship but not sure I understand it all to be honest!!!!:no:

we didnt have to pay for both parts of visa, just initial application fee, lets see what happens tomorrow but I am not holiding out much hope to be honest, :arghh:

I am waiting on a response from an agent, have spent the day looking into state sponsorship but not sure I understand it all to be honest!!!!:no:

we didnt have to pay for both parts of visa, just initial application fee, lets see what happens tomorrow but I am not holiding out much hope to be honest, :arghh:

That's terrible news. I am sooo hoping that George will come through for you guys and you get the visa at the end!

Skills 24/Aug/2011, IELTS OA 8.5, Submitted 175 - 11/11/11 at 1:11am!! CO: 7 May 2012Grant: 29 May118559f4ilsk2695.gif

So sorry to hear your bad news I hope one of the agents can pull something out of the bag for you guys :wideeyed:

Me, hubby and our two gorgeous girls.

Arrived in Australia 22nd March 2012

Fingers crossed for you - which states have your OH's occupation and which would you prefer? Each state has different criteria for sponsorship - there are plenty of people on here to advise you - are you thinking of making a 176 application if you cant appeal?

Moved back to Perth in May 2013.