Sign in to follow this  
Guest mjcgito

Query on Points Test and 176 South Australia Visa Processing

Guest mjcgito

Hello everyone,

hope you can share with me the processing timeline of your South Australia 176 Visa Application. I am done with IELTS (done in May 2011), Positive Vetassess (received result in Sept. 28 2011), State Sponsorship in South Australia application was forwarded in October 25, 2011 and approved in November 30 2011. This December, perhaps on Dec. 12, I wil be able to lodge my visa. However, I was told that we can already lodge our visa while waiting for the Points test Advice. In this regard, I would appreciate if you can give us an idea how fast or what is the timeline that they follow for points test advice and also the processing timeline for 176 Visa Applications particularly to SA.

Success stories of those who lodged their visa after July 01, 2011 will also be appreciated. :) Hope to hear from you guys. :)

Regards,

Mjcgito

I got my SA sponsorship in late November, I dont know what the points test advice is but if you know you already have the points then just go ahead and submit your application, the sooner the better if you have all the required docs. I didnt get a points test advice?

Now once you lodge it should be about 3 weeks before you get a CO and then maybe two weeks after that or less to get your decision or a request for further docs which is normal like bank statements, pay slips etc.

Guest mjcgito

Thanks for your reply. I truly apprecate it. :) All the best in all of your endeavors. :)

I dont know where you have heard about the points test advice.... You calculate the points yourself if you have reached the 65, you tick a box in online application to say that you have enough points.

We applied in September- had CO after 2 weeks, we werent requested for any additional paper work, we didnt provide bank statements and only provided 1 payslip, for were not asked for Form 80.

I would expect a slow down in processing over Christmas with applications and as it is the School Summer Holidays too.

Guest mjcgito

Thanks for replying too. I guess points test advice is just optional, and in my case, I applied for one c/o Vetassess. Reall keeping my fingers crossed. I hope to be in South Australia before June of 2012. I really hope it will be possible...:)