About 6 weeks here now

AaronS

Things are starting to settle down so the stress level is going down as well. The rental is feeling comfortable now. Our stuff made it to us about a week ago which helped the comfortable feeling. Only had one picture broken out of the entire shipment! Everything else made it intact (HIGHLY recommend Crown Relocation). Had to adjust to using portable A/C and heating units but that's all sorted out now. We have two Lorikeets that show up in the backyard everday to be fed. The kids have them eating out of their hands now....literally. Our oldest is loving school here and making all kinds of friends. Got driving on the other side of the road down and so does the wife. Finding our way around is getting easy too, starting to remember the major roadways and where they go. Our neighbors are awesome...they have kiddos too and all of them run back and forth from the houses playing (live on a cul-de-sac so it's safe). I got hired on with a sound production company and the owner is great.....he and his wife actually invited us for Christmas dinner. I've been titled "the American" in their conversation and half the time they call me "Texas" instead of my name. Enjoying the beaches more now too. Went to Dee Why beach for the first time this past weekend and we really loved it there. Much more open and natural areas than Manly was. Plus the playground, pool and the cliffs on the other side of the pool give a lot more to do than just hanging out on the sand. Parking was much easier there as well.

It was rough at first and we had thoughts that we had made a mistake, but now things are falling into place nicely and we are really loving it here.

Guest GoldCoastMag

Glad to hear things are working for you, it does take a while to get used to a foreign country.

OH is still finding the occasional surprises, and hes been here over a year now.

I am so glad you dropped in the American bit. I was starting to wonder about driving on the other side of the road.

Which part of Texas are you from? I have friends in Plano from my Royal Navy days when I played in the Dallas Cup and roomed with them.

Cheers

Si