Shinner

Medical Required?

Hi guys,

Asked my Migration co-ordinator about sorting out a medical for my 457 application and he said "we should not be required to undergo health testing in relation to this application".

Has anyone else come across this as from what I've been checking everyone has to have a medical?

Regards,

S

I'm not sure that you need the medical for the 457 but you will need one if you decide to apply for a PR visa

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest Guest31881

I do not think you need one for your visa,but if you apply for a PR visa at a later stage you will have to undergo a medical then.

Cheers Colin,

Sounds like it will be much easier to do over there and one less thing to worry about here.

S

Guest Compos

Big sigh of relief if medical not needed for 457. We've just started process and haven't been asked to provide medical or police checks so fingers crossed we'll be OK without them.

Shinner, in the same boat as you, this process is confusing to say the least!

We were asked for chest xray only for ours 3 years ago but our kids were asked for medical exams and no chest xray

You just wait until they request it - so don't bother as like above you may not be asked

JO - Mummy of 4 & Wife to Garath - On a 457 since Oct 2008 - Garath Electrician - Applied for 856 - Nom & App (non DRC) submitted 18/05 (parramatta) Acknowledged 23/5 - Payment 01/06 - News of Case officer allocated 15/12 ...GRANTED 30/12

it depends on occupation. I think basically anyone who's going to be in a health/education facility on a regular basis will need a medical.