Can anyone recomend a good Migration agent

zxrninja250

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good migration agent that doesn’t cost the earth? I have contacted a few but I’m getting the total costs back as around £7000 :-/.......

I am looking at going for a 175 visa.

Any replies would be gratefully received,

Mark

This is the first sensible post I have seen for a while.

The budget estimates sound about right (at current rates) if it includes the visa application charge, skills assessment fee, medical examination fee, supporting document costs, migration agents professional fee, your travel costs and you are the only applicant and you do not need one of the more expensive skills assessments. If you have to sit IELTS, have documents translated, apply for multiple police clearances, and so on, you might be up for more.

The minister has just announced that some visa application charges will increase next month and there will be extra costs to include dependants. He seems to have convinced himself that this will improve the integrity of the system - Thought you might want a pre-Xmas laugh.

Any of the registered migration agents who post on this forum would be able to give you a costs breakdown that would not be far wrong.

Hey mark

£7k is right bud , By the time ive booked my one way ticket i should have enough change out of £8k for a coffee in the departure lounge :-)

It sounds a lot of money but my agent is £2880 inc the vat , everything else is charges that you'll havto pay anyway , the agent charges are ( IMO ) worth every penny and some ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Im with Visa bureau , very good reputation , if you go cheep remember you will no doubt get a "cheep " service .

I mail my case worker and he mails back within the hour , even if its just to wish me a good weekend .

lee

I can definitely recommend Stephen Dickson from Migration Outcomes Australia:

http://www.migrateaus.com.au/

Myself and 2 of my friends used him this year and we all got our visas. My friend was even turned away by a few other agents saying she doesn't qualify...:err:

And his fee was almost a third of what you were quoted,might have changed over the last year.

Good luck!

A

Guest SHRIKANT

You can try Bonaj Consultants based in Melbourne. Here are the details

Bhavana Kulkarni

RMA Reg. No. 0209265

Member of Migration Institute of Australia

Membership No. 1709

Bonaj Consultants

8, Market Street

NUNAWADING, VIC 3131

Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

Tel. +61 3 9894 3131

Mob. +61 433 208 263

We have just received our 175 visa, it cost us £4,800 in total, and we used an agent. Some people's cost will be more due to different skills assessments and extra IELTS test and so on, you need to budget for around 5-7 grand to be on the safe side.

Good luck :smile:

we are in the process and we are using ian harrop he splits the fees into three payment which has helped us and they have ask questions other agent didn't which would have cause us a problem and alway ready to answer it will cost around 5K the agent told us that up front (all in total) but some cost do disappear as you go along ie you forget you paid ielts, TRA as it all in stages

Hi All

Thank you for all your replies, i will contact some of them and let you know how i get on. I have looked into doing it myself and i am doing (trying to) my skills assessment myself. I am stuggling to find the time, but i want to ensure i get my visa lodged before 1st july which is why i want to do my visa through an agent, so wish me luck.

Just out of interest has anyone done there skills assessment through Trades Recognition Australia?? Any pointers or advise that i should look out for?

Many thanks,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

TONY4502 - Not another bad report please do share your experiences, I've paid him the full fee, but will probably have to give up the dream now due to the horrid IELTS test!! But I would feel confident putting in my application, what has happened, please let us know .........

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good migration agent that doesn’t cost the earth? I have contacted a few but I’m getting the total costs back as around £7000 :-/.......

I am looking at going for a 175 visa.

Any replies would be gratefully received,

Hi Mark we used Matthew Garvey

m.garvey@4-corners.com.au

and he was fantastic all the way .We applied for a GSM 175 visa and under his advice went for SS with Queensland just as the SOL list changed .He continually supported us throughout our visa application which was not easy (children from a previous marriage) and we have recently successfully gained our 176 VISA. If it wasn't for our agent we would still be waiting for a CO !!.Good luck !!