How long should we rent a holiday let?

Lucysdream

Hi all,

We plan to arrive in Perth May next year. I am looking at holiday lets for when we arrive but unsure how long we should get one for? We will want to get a longer term rental but not sure how long this could take. We were thinking of booking the holiday let for perhaps 4 weeks?

Thanks for any advice,

Lucy.

Thanks for your reply. I just think 4 weeks will go rather quick with getting things sorted like tax numbers, medicare, getting jobs. We will also need to look at the different area's to decide where we would want to rent long term, to then finding a long term rental in that area and securing it. I just worry as I know others have had trouble in securing a longer term rental so don't want to leave us high and dry. How did you manage it all in 4 weeks? Did it feel rushed?

Thanks for your help,

Lucy

We arrived on Friday and found our long term rental on Monday. We ended up having to pay for both the holiday let and the long term rental at once.

Hey, I noticed your in Brisbane so maybe a bit different there. I wouldn't want to get a long term rental that quick anyhow as we have never been to WA so would need to look round the different area's first before we decided. I think when we arrive we may have a little holiday first before we start the job and house hunt. :cool:

Guest shusselmann

Hi,

We moved to Sydney and had 6 weeks in our holiday let, I think 4 weeks would have been too short, 8 weeks might have been less stressful. We had a shortlist of suburbs based on Internet research, we hadn't been to any of them before moving here. I think that makes a difference (whether you've visited where you're moving to before). We needed the full 6 weeks to rule out some areas and discover new ones.

We used rentahome.com.au.

Good Luck!